India is the land of World's first urban civilization and it is witnessing the fusion of several customs and traditions, which are reflective of the rich culture and heritage of the Country. There are a lot of significant contributions that India has made to the world in the field of art, science, mathematics and so on. Here, we are giving 10 amazing Ancient Discoveries and Inventions that has changed the Modern World.
1. Chess is one of the worldwide played game both amateurs and professionals. It is invented in India, which was derived from the Indian game of ‘Chaturanga’.
2. The concepts like Algebra, Trigonometry and Calculus that advances in the fields of acoustics, architecture, cartography, civil engineering, geophysics, crystallography, electronics, medical imaging and pharmacology was discovered in India.
3. The concepts like 'Place Value System' and the 'Decimal System' had an Indian origin which was developed around 100 B.C.
4. The "Snakes and Ladders" is a worldwide classic board game had an Indian origin which derived from ‘Mokshapat’. It was created by Saint Gyandev in the 13th century.
5. Takshila was the world's first university established in 700 BC.
6. The earliest school of medicine known to mankind is “Ayurveda”. The Father of Medicine, Charaka, consolidated Ayurveda 2500 years ago.
7. The Art of Navigation was discovered by the world’s first Urban Civilisation (Indus Valley Civilisation) over 6000 years ago. It is derived from the Sanskrit word 'NAVGATIH'.
8. Calculations of something round are not possible without using the value of "pi". It was first calculated by the Indian Mathematician Budhayana who also explained the concept of the Pythagorean Theorem in the 6th century, long before the European mathematicians.
9. Martial Art : It is the world's best codified traditional system of combat practices for self-defence. It was first created in India, and later spread to Asia by Buddhist missionaries.
10. The concept of “Surgery” was first discovered by an Ancient Indian doctor i.e. Sushruta who is also regarded as the “Father of Surgery”. He and his team conducted complicated surgeries like cataract, artificial limbs, caesareans, fractures, urinary stones, plastic surgery and brain surgeries over 2600 years ago.
In the above write-up on the 10 Ancient Discoveries and Inventions that has changed the Modern World and these contributions visualises that, how ancient sages were open to discover new concept that has still relevant in the Modern World.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.