GK Questions and Answers on India and its States
India is a union of states. There are 29 states and 7 union territories in India. Each State/UT of India has a unique demography, history, culture, dress, festivals, language, etc. Here we have covered the questions which have been frequently asked in various government jobs or Sarkari Naukri recruitment exams.
1. India is a federal union comprising twenty-nine states and how many union territories?
2. Which of the following is the capital of Arunachal Pradesh?
3. What are the major languages spoken in Andhra Pradesh?
A. English and Telugu
B. Telugu and Urdu
C. Telugu and Kannada
D. All of the above languages
4. What is the state flower of Haryana?
C. Golden Shower
D. Not declared
5. Which of the following states is not located in the North?
B. Jammu and Kashmir
C. Himachal Pradesh
6. In which state is the main language Khasi?
7. Which is the largest coffee producing state of India?
B. Tamil Nadu
D. Arunachal Pradesh
8. Which state has the largest area?
B. Madhya Pradesh
C. Uttar Pradesh
9. Which state has the largest population?
A. Uttar Pradesh
D. Andra Pradesh
10. In what state is the Elephant Falls located?