World Environment Day 2021: Quotes, Wishes, Messages, WhatsApp and Facebook Status, Inspiring lines and Poems
World Environment Day 2021: The theme of this year's Environment Day is "Ecosystem Restoration". The global host of the day is Pakistan and this year UN will launch the Decade on Ecosystem Restoration.
It is necessary to understand the importance of environment conservation and sustainable living. The ecosystem in which we live provides natural services for humans and all other species that are necessary for our health, quality of life, and survival.
World Environment Day 2021: Quotations and Inspiring lines
1. "The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it". - Robert Swan
2. "Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty". - John Ruskin
3. "We won't have a society if we destroy the environment". - Margaret Mead
4. "Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs, but not every man’s greed". - Mahatma Gandhi
5. "Conservation is a state of harmony between men and land". - Aldo Leopold
6. "I can find God in nature, in animals, in birds and the environment”. – Pat Buckley
7. “Our planet’s alarm is going off, and it is time to wake up and take action!” – Leonardo DiCaprio
8. “The environment is where we all meet; where we all have a mutual interest; it is the one thing all of us share.” – Lady Bird Johnson
9. “Birds are indicators of the environment. If they are in trouble, we know we’ll soon be in trouble”. – Roger Tory Peterson
10. “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect”. - Aldo Leopold
11. "What we are doing to the forests of the world is but a mirror reflection of what we are doing to ourselves and one another". - Mahatma Gandhi
12. "Never does nature say one thing and wisdom another". - Juvenal, Satires
13. "What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" - Henry David Thoreau
14. "Pleasure is Nature's test, her sign of approval. When man is happy, he is in harmony with himself and his environment”. - Oscar Wilde
15. "A nation that destroys its soil, destroys itself”. - Franklin D. Roosevelt
16. "We don’t have to sacrifice a strong economy for a healthy environment." – Dennis Weaver
17. "Environment is no one’s property to destroy; it’s everyone’s responsibility to protect." – Mohith Agadi
18. "For most of history, man has had to fight nature to survive; in this century he is beginning to realise that, in order to survive, he must protect it."– Jacques-Yves Cousteau.
19. "The Earth is what we all have in common." – Wendell Berry.
20. "Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you." – Frank Lloyd Wright.
Now let us have a look at some beautiful poems on World Environment Day
1. Keep our Environment green,
So it will be neat and clean.
Keep it tidy and nice,
It will keep away the rats and mice.
Don't drop it put in your pocket,
Even if it's a rusty old locket,
If you drop litter you will be fined,
But if you put it in the bin no one will mind.
2. Butterflies fluttering around
Canoes moving slowly
across the subtle waves
Kids laughing and gawking
Couples holding hands
This is relaxation
This is nature
By Donna Bella
3. The little tree by the old road fence
Grew in the summer sun.
"I want to grow tall", said the little tree,
"And growing is so much fun".
The little brook running beneath the bridge
Babbled and sang all day.
"I want to become a river", it said,
"So I'm hastening on my way."
The little bird fluttered from out the nest,
And flew far across the yard.
"I'll be a big bird," said she and twittered,
"If each day I try real hard."
The little boy stood on his tiptoes and stretched.
"I'm just like the rest," said he,
"I want to grow up and see the big world -
And the sooner the better for me!"
Mother Nature smiled at all her fledglings,
But she did not bid them stay.
She knew that to live and grow and age
Is forever Nature's way.
By Lenore Hetrick
4. Trees offer to those who love them
A message of peace and rest.
They bring the glow of the setting sun
As it vanishes in the west.
They tell of years that swiftly pass,
With little mark or scar.
They tell of evenings that know naught
But calm of evening star.
Trees offer to those who love them
Infinite wisdom and grace.
Underneath their boughs tree lovers
See eternity's face.
By Lenore Hetrick
5. Trees absorb pollution
protect water catchments
Trees produce life - giving oxygen
Trees mitigate climate change
Trees are culturally important
Trees provide habitat for wildlife
Trees are a legacy for future generations.