In the Fifth Five Year Plan, following plans were made and actions were taken:
• Impetus was laid on poverty alleviation, justice and employment.
• The Fifth Five year plan also laid emphasis on self - reliance in agricultural production & defence.
• In the year 1978, Morarji Desai government discarded the plan.
• The Electricity Supply Act was enacted in the year 1975, which facilitated the Central Government to cross the threshold of power generation & transmission.
• The Target Growth of Fifth Five Year plan was 4.4% and Actual Growth was 5.0%.
Find Information on: