Metals are good conductor of heat and electricity; they are hard, fusible, ductile etc. About 91 elements in the periodic table out of 118 are metals rest are non-metals and metalloids. Metals are very reactive and tend to losses electrons easily and form positively charged ions; therefore metals are called electropositive elements and also react with oxygen to form oxides. GK Question and Answers on Metals and its properties will help you to understand further about metals and help in various exam preparations.
1. At present how many elements are known to us?
2. Which of the following statement is not true about metals?
A. Metals are heavy and produce sound when hit with an object.
B. Mercury metal is solid at room temperature.
C. Metals have high densities.
D. Metals can be converted into thin sheets.
3. Which of the following metal can be cut down with the help of knife?
D. All of the above
4. Name the property of metal in which it can be drawn into thin wires?
5. Why Aluminium is used for making cooking utensils?
A. It is good conductor of heat.
B. It is sonorous
C. It is malleable
D. None of the above.
6. Other than mercury which other metal is liquid at room temperature?
7. Name a metal oxide which is acidic and basic in nature?
A. Calcium Oxide
B. Iron Oxide
C. Amphoteric Oxide
D. Sulphur dioxide
8. Ringing bells in the temples are made up of:
D. None of the above
9. Arrange the following metal in the decreasing chemical activity series?
Correct Options are:
A. (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv)
B. (i), (iii), (iv) and (ii)
C. (i), (ii), (iv) and (iii)
D. (i), (iv), (ii) and (iii)
10. Name a metal which is used in making airplanes?
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.