GK Quiz on India-Nepal border
As we know that in South Asia, India is the largest country which is surrounded by the Bay of Bengal on the southeast, by Indian Ocean on the south and on the southwest by the Arabian Sea. India is bounded in the northwest by Pakistan, on the northeast by China, Nepal and Bhutan while on the east by Bangladesh. India and Nepal are close neighbours and share a unique relationship of culture, cooperation, friendship etc. Approximately 6,00,000 Indians are living in Nepal.
- Which Indian states share boundaries with Nepal?
B. Uttar Pradesh
D. All the above
Explanation: Indian states that share boundaries with Nepal are Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Sikkim, Bihar and West Bengal.
- What is the total length of India and Nepal border?
A. Approx 1651 sq km
B. Approx 1751 sq km
C. Approx 1851 sq km
D. Approx 1951 sq km
Explanation: India-Nepal share approx 1751 sq km border.
- Which Indian state shares the longest border with Nepal?
A. Uttar Pradesh
D. West Bengal
Explanation: Uttar Pradesh shares longest border with Nepal that is approx 651 km.
- Which Indian states shares smallest border with Nepal?
B. West Bengal
Explanation: West Bengal share approx 96 km border with Nepal and Sikkim approx 97.8 km with Nepal.
- What is the length of Bihar border shares with Nepal?
A. Approx 600 Km
B. Approx 601 Km
C. Approx 602 Km
D. Approx 603 Km
Explanation: The length of Bihar border shares with Nepal is Approx 601 km.
- What is the length of the border of Uttarakhand shares with Nepal?
A. Approx 300 km
B. Approx 301 km
C. Approx 302 km
D. Approx 303 km
Explanation: The length of the border of Uttarakhand shares with Nepal is Approx 303 km.
- The capital of Nepal is
Explanation: Kathmandu is the largest and capital city of Nepal.
- What are the most popular overland crossing between India and Nepal?
D. All the above
Explanation: Sunauli-Bhairawa, Raxaul-Birgunj, Kakarbhitta-Siliguri and Jogbani-Biratnagar are the most popular overland crossing between India and Nepal.
- Which state of India share border of approx length 97.8 km with Nepal?
C. West Bengal
D. None of the above
Explanation: Sikkim state of India share border of approx length 97.8 km with Nepal.
- Which is the biggest and busiest India-Nepal border crossing?
Explanation: Sunauli is the biggest and busiest India-Nepal border crossing.