Satellite is a celestial or an artificial body that orbit around the earth, moon or any other planet. For example Earth is a satellite as it orbits the sun, moon is also a satellite as it orbits Earth. Therefore, they are natural satellites. There are several artificial satellites or man-made satellites that orbit Earth. Some help in predicting weather, some take pictures of our solar system etc.
1. Name India's first satellite and when it was launched?
A. Bhaskara, 7June, 1979
B. Aryabhatta, 19 April, 1975
C. Rohini, 25 APril, 1975
D. INSAT, 10 April, 1978
Explanation: Aryabhatta was India's first satellite launched on 19 April, 1975. It was an active technological experience in building and operating a satellite system at that time.
2. Which satellite is known as Earth observation satellite that was launched on 5 May, 2005?
Explanation: CARTOSAT-1 was launched on 5 May, 2005 by PSLV-C6 and is known as Earth observation satellite. It provides stereographic in-orbit images with a 2.5 meter
3. India's first pico-satellite?
Explanation: StudSat is first Indian pico-satellite which weighs less than 1 kg. It was launched on 12 July, 2010 by PSLV-C15.
4. Name a space weapon which is designed to destroy or incapacitate satellites for strategic military purposes?
Explanation: Anti-satellite weapon or ASAT is a space weapon which is designed to destroy or incapacitate satellites for strategic military purposes
5. What is the full form of IRNSS-1B satellite and when it was launched?
A. Indian Regional Network Satellite, 5 January, 2014
B. Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System, 4 April, 2014
C. Indian Reterological Navigation Satellite, 8 April, 2014
D. None of the above
Explanation: The full form of IRNSS is Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System which was launched on 4 April, 2014 and let us tell you that it is the second satellite in the Indian
Regional Navigation Satellite System.
6. Which satellite is dedicated as India's first multi wavelength space observatory?
Explanation: Astrosat is India’s first dedicated multi wavelength space Observatory.It was launched on 28 September, 2015.
7. The Mars Orbiter Mission informally known as
D. None of the above
Explanation: Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM) informally known as Mangalyan and is India's first Mars orbiter. It was launched on 5 November, 2013.
8. The electronic intelligence satellite EMISAT is launched on
A. 21 March, 2019
B. 28 March, 2019
C. 31 March, 2019
D. 1 April, 2019
Explanation: The electronic intelligence satellite EMISAT is launched on 1 April, 2019.
9. Which satellite was developed by India and France?
Explanation: Megha-Tropiques satellite was developed by India and France. It was launched on 12 October, 2011 by PSLV-C18.
10. For which purpose SCATSAT-1 satellite was launched on 1 September, 2016 ?
A. To provide weather forecasting
B. Cyclone prediction
C. Tracking services to India
D. All of the above
Explanation: SCATSAT-1 satellite was launched on 1 September, 2016 to provide weather forecasting, cyclone prediction, and tracking services to India.
So, these were some satellites name, launch date, features etc. in the form of questions and answers with explanation.