Gk Questions & Answers on Computer Set I consist of 10 MCQs are created while keeping in mind the relevance of the subject and its importance for an examination point of view. These MCQs helps the aspirant in the preparation of examinations like UPSC-Prelims, CDS, NDA, State-PSC, SSC, Railways etc. It will concretise the reading experience of aspirants who are aspiring for cracking different competitive exams.
1. Where was the World Wide Web created and in which year?
A. CERN, 1990
B. Photonics 21, 1989
C. CLUSTER. 1995
D. GikII, 1993
Ans : A
2. Which of the following is the function of F4 key?
A. Moves cursor to writing web address at the address bar.
B. Opens the Measurements toolbar in Quark 5.0.
C. Opens the help page of the working program.
D. Repeats last action performed while typing in Microsoft Word.
3. What is CPU?
A. The unit that transform input into output.
B. IT is a collection of data arrange in row.
C. It is the electronic circuitry within a computer that carries out the instructions of a computer program.
D. None of the above
4. Which out of the following is the file extension of for all Word documents?
5. What is the method by which the user points to a picture or icon of what they want and clicks the mouse button called?
A. Graphical User Interface
B. Graphical Utility Interface
C. Graphical User Information
D. Graphical Utility Information
6. Name the person who invited the QWERTY keyboard layout design?
A. Christopher Latham Sholes
B. Albert Atwood
C. Emik Bentov
D. Anthony Adducci
Ans : A
7. Charles Babbage is usually referred to as the 'Father of Computers' what was first machine he invented called?
A. Finite differences
B. Difference engine
C. Analytical Engine
D. Babbage Engine
Ans : B
8. Picture element is short for which word?
C. Scene graph
9. Out of the following which can be both an input and an output device?
A. Network cards
B. Sound card
C. Graphics card
D. All of the above
10. What acronym is usually used to refer to word processing where the file you are working on as seen on the screen will be the same when it is printed out?
A. What You Get IS What You See
B. What You Want Is What You See
C. What You See Is What You Get
D. What You Get Is What You Want
Ans : C