GK Questions & Answers on Modern Indian History: Indian National Movement Set 1 consists of 10 Multiple Choice Questions that are made as per the latest examination pattern of UPSC (IAS, IPS, IES, IFS, CDS, and NDA), State-PSC, SSC, Railways and other competitive examinations which not only help in your preparation journey but make you analyse your performance too.
1. Who of the following presided the historic Lahore session of 1929 in which demand of Poorna Swaraj was raised on the bank of river Ravi?
A. Motilal Nehru
B. Subhash Chandra Bose
C. Jawaharlal Nehru
D. Madan Mohan Malviya
2. The resolution of Quit India Movement was passed in which of the following city?
3. British Government appointed an Indian Statutory Commission to review the Government of India Act 1919, this commission is also known as?
A. Simon Commission
B. Hunter Commission
C. Elbert Commission
D. Cripps Mission
4. Which of the following organization was not established by B.R. Ambedkar?
A. Zero Club
B. Depressed Classes Institute
C. Samaj Samata Sangh
D. People's Education Society
5. During the Quit India Movement in which of the following place a parallel government was not formed?
6. Which among the following is not a correct statement regarding Jyotiba Phule?
A. He used dalitword for the first time in nineteenth century.
B. He was the staunch supporter of Mahatma Gandhi's Harijan Sevak Sangh.
C. He is known as the author of Gulamgiri.
D. He formed Satyashodhak Samaj in 1873.
7. Which among the following is not a literary work of Mahatma Gandhi?
A. Hind Swaraj
B. Indian Opinion
D. Young India
8. What was/were the important features of Nehru Report?
A. It contained a Bill of Rights.
B. There shall be no state religion; men and women shall have equal rights as citizens.
C. There should be federal form of government with residuary powers vested in the center.
D. All of the above
9. Simon Commission was sent to India in 1928, at that time who was the Prime Minister of Britain?
A. Stanley Baldwin
B. John Allsebrook Simon
C. Clement Richard Attlee
D. Winston Churchill
10. Bhagat Singh and B.K. Dutt threw a bomb in the Central Legislative Assembly on 8th April 1929 as a protest to which of the following Bill/Act?
A. Rowlatt Act
B. Public Safety Bill
C. Wood's Bill
D. None of the above
Click here to study the Indian National Movement
GK Questions and Answers on the System of Police and Intelligence during British India
GK Questions and Answers on the British legislation to stop Revolutionaries Activities in India
GK Questions and Answers on the Socio-Religious Reforms Movement in India
GK Questions and Answers on the revolutionary movements during British India