GK Questions & Answers on Science: Biology Terminology (Set 5)
Questions and Answers on Science: Biology Terminology (Set 5) consists of 10 MCQ to study Biological terms which are important for various competitive examinations like IAS, PSC, SSC, Railway etc.
1. Those organs which have same basic structure but different functions are called:
A. Analogous organs
D. Homologous organs
2. Those organs which have different basic structure but have similar appearance and perform similar functions are called:
B. Analogous organs
C. Homologous organs
3. What are those animals called which eat both plants and animals?
4. What is the shedding of flowers, leaves and fruits followed by formation of scar tissue in a plant called?
B. Abscisic acid
5. A group of glands which produce various hormones is called:
A. Respiratory system
C. Endocrine system
D. Central nervous system
6. Organic constituents of soil formed by complete or partial decomposition of plant and animal material is called:
7. The complex feeding relationships within a community is called:
A. Food chain
B. Food web
C. Trophic level
D. All of the above
8. What are heterotrophs, mostly bacteria and fungi, when obtain food by breaking down substances in dead protoplasm are called:
9. What is the act of supplying water to a field through artificial means called?
10. What is ploughing and cultivating the land called?