Questions and Answers on Science: Chemistry Terminology (Set 1) consists of 10 MCQ to make you understand various terms used in chemistry and important for various competitive examinations like IAS, PSC, SSC, Railway etc.
1. The spreading out and mixing of a substance with another substance due to motion of its particles is called:
2. The process by which solid substance changes into liquid is called:
3. The process in which a liquid substance change into gas rapidly on heating is called:
4. What is the process called in which gas is changed into liquid by cooling?
5. The changing of a solid directly into vapours on heating, and of vapours into solid on cooling is called:
6. A substance which cannot be split up into two or more simpler substances by the usual chemical methods of applying heat, light or electric energy is called:
7. What is an element that is malleable and ductile, and conducts electricity called?
8. An elements that is neither malleable nor ductile, and does not conduct electricity is called:
9. A substance made up of two or more elements chemically combined in a fixed proportion by mass is called:
10. A homogeneous mixture of two or more substances in called:
Click here to study detail articles on Chemistry.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.