Questions and Answers on Science: Chemistry Terminology (Set 3) consists of 10 MCQ to analyse various terms used in chemical reactions & phenomena’s which are important for various competitive examinations like IAS, PSC, SSC, Railway etc.
1. Those reactions in which two or more substances combine to form a single substance is called:
A. Combination reaction
B. Displacement reaction
C. Decomposition reaction
D. Double displacement reaction
2. Those chemical substances which have a sour taste are:
D. None of the above
3. Those chemical substances which have a bitter taste are:
D. Concentrated Acids
4. The scale on which the strength of acid solutions as well as basic solutions could be represented by making use of hydrogen ion concentrations in them is called:
A. Balance scale
B. Platform scale
C. Pan scale
D. pH scale
5. A compound formed from an acid by the replacement of the hydrogen in the acid by a metal is called:
C. Concentrated Acid
6. What is the chemical bond formed by the transfer of electrons from one atom to another is called?
A. Single covalent bond
B. Ionic bond
C. Double covalent bond
D. Triple covalent bond
7. The chemical bond formed by the sharing of electrons between two atoms is known as:
A. Ionic bond
B. Triple covalent bond
C. Covalent bond
D. Single covalent bond
8. What is a homogeneous mixture of two or more metals called?
9. What is an unsaturated hydrocarbon in which the two carbon atoms are connected by a double bond called?
D. Ionic bond
10. An unsaturated hydrocarbon in which two carbon atoms are connected by a triple bond is called:
Click here for detail study of Chemistry.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.