GK Questions & Answers on Scientific and Technological Developments (Set 1)
India has a long and distinguished tradition in Scientific and Technology from the ancient times. In this set we will see various developments related to new technologies. It consists of 10 MCQs which will be important for various competitive examinations like IAS, PSC, SSC, Railway etc and also will help you to understand our Scientific and Technological phenomena’s that has been established covering a wide range of utilities, services and goods.
1. Department of Science and Technology devoted its attention in various domains they are:
A. Support for the establishment of multi-stakeholder mechanisms for partnerships for promoting Science.
B. Deploys Technology through national missions.
C. Does not provide evidences based policy formulation for S&T sector.
D. Nurtures R & D institutions and building infrastructural facilities.
2. The main policy goal for The new Science, Technology and Innovation Policy (STI) is:
A. SRISHTI is the main policy goal to led path for India.
B. To translate this action into vision.
C. A dedicated Policy Research Cell is yet to establish.
D. All of the above.
3. What is Women Scientists Scheme?
A. It aims to provide Women scientists for pursuing research in engineering only.
B. It aims to provide Women Scientists for pursuing research in applied sciences only.
C. Both A and B
D. Only A
4. Name an umbrella programme that was launched in 2007 to promote R & D?
A. International S & T cooperation
B. Scientific Excellence
C. Nano Science & Technology
D. Creating and Nurturing S & T Human Resource
5. What are the main objectives of Nano Science and Technology:
A. Human Resource Development
B. International collaboration and orchestrating national dialogues
C. Both A and B
D. Neither A nor B
6. National Action Plan for Climate Change (NAPCC) launched missions are:
A. National Mission for Sustaining the Himalayan Ecosystem (NMSHE)
B. National Mission for Strategic Knowledge on Climate Change (NMSKCC)
C. Only A
D. Both A and B
7. Under the Ministry of Science and Technology, The Survey of India (SOI) was set up in:
8. Survey Training Institute, Hyderabad established under:
9. Choose the correct statements given below:
I. National Map Policy was announced in May 2005.
II. Defence Series Maps based on Lambert Conformal Conic Projection.
III. SOI is in the forefront of providing tidal information for the Indian Ocean.
IV. SOI will redefine the vertical datum of Geoids by establishing a network throughout the country.
A. I or II are correct
B. III or IV are correct
C. I, II and IV are correct
D. I, II, III and IV are correct
10. The Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR) was set up in: