Jagaran josh is presenting a GK quiz with answers on Indian Economy. This set consists of 10 questions on different topics of Indian economy. These questions are formed while keeping in mind the question pattern of UPSC/PCS/SSC and CDS.
1. Which of the following statement is/are correct about Reserve Bank of India?
i. It was established in 1935.
ii.It was nationalized on December, 1950.
iii.Its headquarter is in Mumbai
(a) Only i & iii
(b) Only ii & iii
(c) Only iii
(d) Only i & ii
2. Which of the following is not the function of Reserve Bank of India?
(a) Banker to the government
(b) Printing of currency
(c) Custodial of foreign reserve
(d) Minting of coins
3. NBFCs stands for………………….
(a) Net banking financial services
(b) Non banking financial companies
(c) National banks fiscal services
(d) Net banking fiscal services
4. Which of the following is not a public sector bank?
(a) Dena bank
(b) Standard charted bank
(c) Indian overseas bank
(d) Syndicate bank
5. Which of the following option is/are correct about Bharat Nirman Programme?
i. It was launched on Dec. 2007
ii. This scheme want urban development only
iii. This programmes targets mainly six sectors only.
(a) Only i& iii
(b) Only i& ii
(c) Only iii
(d) Only ii & iii
6. Which of the following sector is not covered under the Bharat Nirman Programme?
(a) Health & Nutrition
7. What is the duration of fourth five year plan?
(a) From April 1969 to March 1974
(b) From April 1974 to March 1979
(c) From April 1967 to March 1972
(d) From April 1980 to March 1985
8. Which of the following statement is not correct about INDIA VISION-2020?
(a) It expects elimination of poverty, unemployment and illiteracy by 2020
(b) It expects that India’s per capita income will get double by 2020
(c) Environment situation will remain as unbalanced as today.
(d) It was designed by the Dr. Sam Pitroda
9. Which of the following statement is correct about International Monetary Fund?
(a) It is headquartered in Geneva
(b) Michael laggard is its current managing director
(c) A member of IMF automatically becomes member of World Bank.
(d) It provided long term loans to its member countries.
10. Which of the following is not matched correctly?
(a) IBRD established: 1945
(b) IFC established:1947
(c) IDA established: 1960
(d) MIGA established:1988