GK Questions with answers on Indian Economy Set XXVIII
Jagaran josh is presenting a GK quiz with answers on Indian Economy. In this set we included only those kinds of questions which are asked in the exams like IAS/PCS/ SSC and CDS etc.
1. Which of the following statement is true about Mission Indradhanush?
(i) It was launched by Union Health Minister.
(ii) It covers 5 diseases
(iii) It was started on 5 Dec. 2013
(a) Only ii, iii
(b) Only i,iii
(c) Only i
(d) All of the above
2. Which of the following is the biggest contributor in India’s foreign exchange reserve?
(a) Special drawing rights
(c) Reserve with IMF
(d) Foreign exchange assets
3. Which of the following is NOT true about service tax in India?
(a) It was started in 1994-95
(b) Currently its rate is 15%
(c) It is the biggest contributor of Indian GDP
(d) All of the above are incorrect
4. Which of the following tax is imposed by the central government but collected and kept by the state governments?
(a) Excise duty
(b) Custom duty
(c) Stamp duty
(d) Wealth tax
5. Who among the following never hold the office of chairman of finance commission?
(a) Pranab Mukherjee
(b) Mahaveer Tyagi
(c) K.C. Pant
(d) C. Rangarajan
6. Which of the following option is true about the finance commission?
(i) Article 112 of the Indian constitution says that there will be a finance commission.
(ii) This commission is set up by the prime minister for 5 years.
(iii) 14th finance commission is set up under the chairmanship of Y.B. Reddy
(iv) The tenure of 14th finance commission is from 2015-2020.
(a) Only i,ii
(b) Only I,ii,iii
(c) Only iii,iv
(d) All are correct
7. Which of the following statement is not true about Indian budget 2016-17?
(a) Government spends 10% share of its revenue on defense and subsidy each
(b) Share to states in terms of tax and duties is the biggest item of expenditure
(c) Revenue from Corporation tax is more than income tax.
(d) Revenue from excise duty is more than income tax
8. Closed economy is that economy, where……..????
(a) Deficit financing take place
(b) Money supply is controlled by the monetary authority
(c) Neither export nor import is allowed in the economy
(d) Only export take place
9. The head quarter of World Bank is situated at….
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) New York
10. What is the mean of Population density?
(a) No. of persons in a village
(b) Ratio of population living in rural and urban areas
(c) No. of persons living per square K.M.
(d) No. of persons living per K.M.
Click here to solve more questions of Indian Economy