GK Quiz on Ancient Indian History Set X consists of 10 Multiple Type Questions that attune and equipped the aspirants according to the evolving nature of different competitive examination.
1. The most important source of our information on ancient India's cultural history are:
A. archaeological excavations
B. antiquities and monuments
C. literature and epics
D. inscriptions and coins
2. The granary discovered at Harappa was located:
A. within the citadel at Mohenjodaro
B. in the "Lower town'
C. near the river Ravi
D. beside the western gate of the city
3. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists:
a. Rock-cut Rathas 1. Ellora
b. Kailasa Temple 2. Mahabalipuram
c. Brihadisvara Temple 3. Nachnakuthara
d. Parvati Temple 4. Thanjavur
A B C D
(a) 1 2 4 3
(b) 1 4 2 3
(c) 2 4 3 1
(d) 2 1 4 3
4. In his inscriptions Ashoka calls himself:
A. Devanampriya Priyadarshni king
B. Asoka Priyadarshi
C. Dhammasoka (Dharmasoka)
5. Which one of the following Harappan sites is NOT located in Gujarat?
6. Which one of the following Indus cities has houses with doors on the main streets?
7. Which of the all Harappan sites, which has the most impressive drainage system?
8. Which of the following was not one of the ruling dynasties of South India in the Sangam Age?
9. Which was probably the most popular assembly in which even women enjoyed an equal status with men in the Early Vedic period?
10. Which one of following pairs is not correctly matched?
A. Samaveda Samhita - Origins of Indian music
B. Atharvaveda Samhita - Origins of Indian medicine
C. Rigveda Samhita - Earliest prose
D. Yajurveda Samhita - Origins of rituals
GK Questions and Answers on the System of Police and Intelligence during British India
GK Questions and Answers on the British legislation to stop Revolutionaries Activities in India
GK Questions and Answers on the Socio-Religious Reforms Movement in India
GK Questions and Answers on the revolutionary movements during British India