GK Quiz on Ancient Indian History Set XII consists of 10 Multiple Type Questions that attune and equipped the aspirants according to the evolving nature of different competitive examination.
1. In which one of the following do we come across a detailed account of the municipal administration of Mauryas?
A. The Arthashastra of Kautilya
B. The account of Megasthenes
C. The Mudrarakshasa
D. Mauryan inscription
2. The Mehrauli pillar inscription belongs to the period of the:
3. Which one of the following works deals with the history of Kashmir?
4. Which one of the following mentioned division of the Mauryan Society into seven classes?
A. Ashoka's Edicts
C. Kautilya's Arthshastra
D. Vishnu Purana
5. The varnas came to be transformed into the hereditary castes during the:
A. Later Vedic period
B. Gupta period
C. Mauryan period
D. Vedic period
6. Consider the following statement(s) what Ajanta Painting portray
I. Buddhist elements
II. Secular aspects
III. Jain culture
Which of these statements is/are correct?
A. Only I
B. Both I and II
C. I, II and III
D. Only III
7. Which one of the following pairs is NOT correctly matched?
A. Hoyasalas : Dwarasamudra
B. Kakatiyas : Warangal
C. Pallavas : Devagiri
D. Chalukyas : Kalyani
8. Which one of the following is associated with the Gupta Age of Indian History?
A. Visit of Chinese pilgrim Hiuen Tsang
B. Significant contribution to Indian astronomy by Aryabhatta
C. Significant contribution to poetry and literature by Banabhatta
D. Macedonian invasion
9. Who among the following wrote commentaries on Harshavardhana's administration and the court life in Kannauj?
D. Ibn Batutah
10. The Jaina saint credited with the spread of Jainism in Karnataka (south India) was:
GK Questions and Answers on the System of Police and Intelligence during British India
GK Questions and Answers on the British legislation to stop Revolutionaries Activities in India
GK Questions and Answers on the Socio-Religious Reforms Movement in India
GK Questions and Answers on the revolutionary movements during British India