GK Quiz on Ancient Indian History Set XV consists of 10 Multiple Type Questions that attune and equipped the aspirants according to the evolving nature of different competitive examination.
1. Which one of the following pairs is incorrectly matched?
A. Askini - Chenab
B. Sutudri - Sutlej
C. Vipas – Jhelum
D. Parushni - Ravi
2. The origin of Indian music can be traced to which of the following Vedic Samhitas?
3. The first elaborate description of Upanayana Sanskar is found in the
A. Aitareya Brahmana
B. Taittiriya Brahmana
C. Tandyamaha Brahmana
D. Shatapatha Brahmana
4. Which of the following pairs is correctly matched?
A. Buddhist monastery
B. Buddhist order or organisation
C. A kind of tomb where the relics of Buddha and other Buddhist monks are kept
D. A Buddhist assembly hall or temple
5. Which one of the following sources states that Srinagar was built by Ashoka?
A. Kalhana's Rajatarangini
C. Tarantha's History of Tibet
6. Which one of the following pairs does not belong to the same category?
A. Mauryas - Brihadratha
B. Satavahanas - Simuka
C. Sungas - Devabhuti
D. Kanvas - Susaraman
7. Patanjali, the second great grammarian of Ancient India, was a contemporary of
C. Gautamiputra Satakarni
D. Pushyamitra Sunga
8. Who was the founder of the Satavahana dynasty?
A. Sri Satakarni
D. Yajnasri Satakarni
9. Who was the founder of the Kanva dynasty?
10. Who started the Saka Era and when?
A. Kadphises in 58 BC
B. Rudradaman-I in 78 AD
C. Vikramaditya in 58 BC
D. Kanishka in 78 AD
GK Questions and Answers on the System of Police and Intelligence during British India
GK Questions and Answers on the British legislation to stop Revolutionaries Activities in India
GK Questions and Answers on the Socio-Religious Reforms Movement in India
GK Questions and Answers on the revolutionary movements during British India