GK Quiz on Ancient Indian History Set XVII consists of 10 Multiple Type Questions that attune and equipped the aspirants according to the evolving nature of different competitive examination.
1. The people of Harappa and Mohenjo-Daro culture belonged to the
A. New Stone Age
B. Copper Age
C. Iron Age
D. Chalcolithic Age
2. The Kailasha temple is located in the caves of
3. Match List-I (Dynasties) with List-II (Capitals) and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists:
A. Satavahana 1.Magadha
B. Cheta 2.Peshawar
C. Kushan 3.Kalinga
D. Koshala 4.Bagat
A B C D
(a) 2 1 3 4
(b) 3 4 2 1
(c) 2 4 3 1
(d) 3 1 2 4
4. The words Satyameva Jayate in the State Emblem adopted by the Government of India have been taken from which Upanishad?
A. Aitareya Upanishad
B. Mundaka Upanishad
C. Adhyatma Upanishad
D. Prasna Upanishad
5. Who among the following rulers was first to embrace Buddhism?
6. Who among the following Gupta rulers faced invasion of Hunas?
7. How did the Maurya Empire finally end?
A. The last Mauryan ruler was killed by his General.
B. The Kanvas of Central India deposed the last Mauryan ruler.
C. The last Mauryan ruler was killed in a battle with the foreign invader from the north-west.
D. The last mauryan ruler had no heir and the throne was claimed by one of his powerful ministers.
8. The building of the famous Kailasa temple at Ellora was executed under the Rashtrakuta king
9. The Rathas of Mahabalipuram, the rock- cut architecture, were built by a king of the dynasty of
10. Match List-I (Dynasties) with List-II (Capitals) and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists:
A. Cholas 1. Dwarasamudra
B. Hoysalas 2. Madurai
C. Pandyas 3. Malkhed
D. Rashtrakutas 4. Tanjavur
A B C D
(a) 4 1 2 3
(b) 3 2 1 4
(c) 4 2 1 3
(d) 3 1 2 4
GK Questions and Answers on the System of Police and Intelligence during British India
GK Questions and Answers on the British legislation to stop Revolutionaries Activities in India
GK Questions and Answers on the Socio-Religious Reforms Movement in India
GK Questions and Answers on the revolutionary movements during British India