GK Quiz on India's Policies for Agricultural and Rural Development
Solve these 10 MCQs on Indian Economy based on Policies for Agricultural and Rural Development brought to you by Jagran Josh.
1. Which of the following statement is NOT correct about Pradhan Mantra Kaushal Vikas Yojna?
- It was launched in March 2015.
- It will be implemented by the ministry of skill development and entrepreneurship.
- It will provide training to 300 mn youths.
- It will focus on the class X and class XII students.
Explanation: The policy does not entail provision of training to 300 million youth.
2. Launching of Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojna is related to the:
- Vallabh Bhai Patel
- Deen Dayal Upadhyay
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Jai Prakash Narayan
Explanation: Jai Prakash Narayan was the one responsible for the launch of Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana.
3. Which of the following two programmes are merged with MGNREGA?
- SGRY & NFFWP
- SGRY & SJSY
- NFFWP & JRY
- None of these
Explanation: The two programmes merged with MGNREGA were SGRY and NFFWP.
4. Jawahar Gram Samriddhi Yojna was launched in:
Explanation: This scheme was launched in 2001.
5. Which of the following statement is not correct about Indira Awas Yojna?
- It was launched in 1985-86
- Now it became the part of Bharat Nirman Programme.
- A minimum of 60% fund is used for the constructions of houses of SC/TSs.
- Its financial burden is shared by the states in the ratio of 50:50.
Explanation: In Indira Awas Yojana the division of funds between centre and states is of 75:25.
6. Which of the following statement is NOT correct about Rajeev Awas Yojna?
- Its main aim is to make slum free India.
- About 500 cities of the country have been planned to get covered by the end of 12th five year plan.
- Its 50% share will be shared by the central government.
- All are correct
Explanation: Rajeev Awas Yojana does not plan to cover 500 cities by the end of 12th 5 year plan.
7. “TRYSEM” a Programme made for the:
- Employment to Rural youths
- Employment to Urban youths
- Development of nutrition intake in the food of poor of the country.
- Providing road connectivity to the villages.
Explanation: The scheme - TRYSEM aimed at providing basic technical and entrepreneurial skill to the rural poor in the age group of 18-35 years enable them take up income generating activities (self/wage employment).
8. What is the Minimum Support Price of mustard for the season 2020-21?
- RS. 3175/ Q
- RS. 3100/ Q
- RS. 4425/ Q
- RS. 3500/ Q
Explanation: The MSP for mustard is Rs 4425 per quintal for 2020-21.
9. When National Horticulture Mission was launched?
Explanation: The National Horticulture Mission was started in the year 2005-06.
10. What is the correct order (from highest to lowest) in terms of food grain production (in quintal) in 2013-14?
- Rice, Wheat, Coarse Cereals and Maize
- Wheat, Rice, Coarse Cereals and Maize
- Rice, Wheat, Maize and Coarse Cereals
- Rice, Maize, Wheat and Coarse Cereals
Explanation: The highest production in 2013-14 was of Rice, then wheat, cereals and maize.