GK Quiz on Indian Economy Set IV
Jagran Josh is providing you a quiz on Indian Economy. These questions are made after analyzing the trends of different competitive exams. It will help you in understanding that what kind of questions are asked from Indian Economy.
1. Which of the following sector does not comes under the service sector in India?
(a) Real Estate
(c) Restaurants & Hotels
(d) Formation of Electronic Television
2. Which activity is termed as activity of tertiary sector?
(a) Wheat production
(b) Mobile production
(c) Construction of a dam
3. Which of the following industry is known as sun rising industry?
(a) Dairy Industry
(b) Information Technology
(c) Health and clinic
(d) None of these
4. What is the current rate of service tax in India currently?
5. Service tax is applicable to:
(a) Whole of India
(b) Whole of India except Jammu and Kashmir
(c) Whole of India, except Jammu and Kashmir and Union Territories of Dadra, Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu
(d) Whole of India including few part of Jammu & Kashmir
6. Service tax was introduced in India on the recommendation of:
(a) Kelkar Committee
(b) Dr. Raja J Challiah Committee
(c) Dr. Man Mohan Singh Committee
(d) Dr. Yashwant Sinha Committee
7. The provisions relating to service tax in India are given in:
(a) Chapter V of the Finance Act, 1994
(b) Chapter VII and VIII of the Finance Act, 2004
(c) The Service tax Act, 1994
(d) Chapter V and VA of the Finance Act, 1994
8. When was the first industrial policy of India launched?
9. Which of the following statement is not correct?
(a) Monopolistic and restrictive trade practices (MRTP) act was passed in 1969.
(b) FERA was launched in 1978
(c) New industrial policy of 1991 reduced the numbers of reserved sectors for public sector to 9.
(d) First five year plan of India was focused on the development of the agriculture.
10. First five year plan of India was based on the:
(a) Harrod Domar Model
(b) Mahalanobis Model
(c) Dada Bhai Nauroji Model
(d) J.L. Nehru Model