GK Quiz on Indian Geography: General Geography & Physical Features Set 6
GK Quiz on Indian Geography: General Geography & Physical Features Set 6, in this set you will find repository of 10 Multiple Choice Questions that will help you to attune and equipped for different competitive examinations.
1. Consider the following statement(s) related to Geological Structure of India.
I. Sedimentary rocks are found in the land formed by deposition of sediments from which fertile soil is made e.g., the Gangetic plain.
II. In the Jurassic period, Gondwanaland was broken up into the peninsular India, Madagascar, and Australia, Antarctica etc.
Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
A. Only I
B. Only II
C. Both I and II
D. Neither I nor II
2. Which of the following is not one of the Era's of the Earth geological structure?
A. Azoic (Non-living era)
3. Which of the following is the era of the origin of the continental shelf?
A. Neozoic era
4. Which one of the following statements is not correct?
A. Tropic levels are the energy levels within food
B. In deep oceans primary production is almost high
C. The primary consumers are called autotrophs are primary consumer
D. The decomposers are called saprotrophs are decomposer
5. Which of the following related to the the state of inactivity adopted by desert animals during the hottest and driest season?
A. Basal metabolism
6. Which one of the following statements is correct about biotic resources and abiotic resources?
A. They are non-renewable and all the biotic resources are renewable
B. All the abiotic resources are non-renewable but some of the biotic resources are non-renewable
C. Some of the abiotic resources are renewable but the biotic resources are renewable
D. Some of the abiotic resources are renewable and some of the biotic resources are non-renewable
7. Which of the following reason is famous for the endangered Ridley turtles ?
C. Lakshadweep islands
D. Andaman and Nicobar group of islands
8. Which of the following is the highlights of the ‘Rally for Valley’ programme in India?
A. Environmental degradation
C. Resettlement of displaced people
D. Loss of agricultural
9. Which of the following is the first research project programme that focused on the El Nino-Southern Oscillation and its predictability?
A. Climate Variability and Predictability
B. Global Energy and Water Cycle- Experiment (GEWEX)
C. Global Change and Terrestrial Ecosystem (GCTE)
D. Tropical Ocean and Global Atmosphere (TOGA)
10. Which of the following ministry monitered the functions of the National River Conservation Directorate ?
A. Agriculture Ministry
B. Environment and Forests Ministry
C. Science and Technology Ministry
D. Water Resources Ministry