GK Quiz on Indian Geography Set I, in this set you will find repository of 10 Multiple Choice Questions that will help you to attune and equipped for different competitive examinations.
1. Consider the following statement (s) that influence ocean currents
I. Rotation of the Earth,
II. Air pressure and wind.
III. Ocean water density.
IV. Revolution of the Earth.
Select the correct answer using the code given below
A. I and II
B. I, II and III
C. II , III and IV
D. I and IV
2. Which of the following will never get the vertical rays of the sun?
3. What will be the probable time of sunrise in Saurashtra, if the time of sunrise in Arunachal Pradesh is 6.00 am?
A. 6.30 am
B. 5.30 am
C. 8.00 am
D. 7.00 am
4. The Radcliffe Line is the international border between
A. India and Pakistan
B. India and China
C. India and Bangladesh
D. India and Nepal
5. The Durand Line is the international border between
A. Boundary line between Afghanistan and Pakistan
B. Boundary line between India and Pakistan
C. Boundary line between India and China
D. Boundary line between India and Burma
6. India's permanent research station Dakshin Gangotri is situated in
A. Great Himalayas
B. Indian Ocean
D. Arabian Sea
7. Which State of India touches the boundaries of the largest number of other States?
A. Andhra Pradesh
C. Madhya Pradesh
D. Uttar Pradesh
8. Out of the four southern States: Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu, which shares boundaries with the maximum number of Indian States?
A. Andhra Pradesh only
B. Karnataka only
C. Each of Andhra Pradesh & Karnataka
D. Each of Tamil Nadu & Kerala
9. Duncan Pass is located between
A. South and Little Andaman
B. North and South Andaman
C. North and Middle Andaman
D. Andaman and Nicobar
10. Which are the twin cities?
A. Delhi and Faridabad
B. Mumbai and Pune
C. Hyderabad and Secunderabad
D. Bangalore and Mysore
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.