GK Quiz on Indian Geography Set VIII
GK Quiz on Indian Geography Set VIII, in this set you will find repository of 10 Multiple Choice Questions that will help you to attune and equipped for different competitive examinations.
1. The Indian State having largest Buddhist population is
2. Which one of the following States/UTs of the country has more than 50% tribal population of the total population?
A. Andaman & Nicobar Islands
B. Dadra & Nagar Haveli
C. Himachal Pradesh
3. Dhariwal, in Punjab is famous for......................
A. Cotton textiles
B. Woollen goods
C. Machine tools
4. Which is the following is oldest oil Refinery in India?
5. Ankleshwar is famous for....................
A. coal mining
B. exploration of oil and natural gas
C. iron and steel industries
D. cotton textile industries
6. Which place is associated with paper manufacturing?
7. Which of the following are the two volcanic Islands in the Indian Territory?
A. Kavaratti and New Moore
B. Bitra and Kavaratti
C. Pamban and Barren
D. Nacondam and Barren
8. Jharkhand does not share boundary with:
A. West Bengal
D. Madhya Pradesh
9. The States which have common borders with China are:
1. Jammu and Kashmir
3. Arunachal Pradesh
4. Himachal Pradesh
A. 1, 3 and 4
B. 1, 2 and 3
C. 1 and 3
D. 1, 2, 3 and 4
10. Consider the following statements
1. The continental shelves of Lakshadweep are originated due to coral reefs.
2. The continental shelves of western coast are due to faulting and submergence.
Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2