GK Quiz on Indian Space Missions Set II
Dear students, Jagran josh is presenting you a set of 10 MCQs based on the Indian Space Mission. These are very suitable for the upcoming exams throughout India. So be very attentive while attempting these questions.
1. Which of the following statement is/are true
(1) APPLE was India’s first experimental, geostationary satellite.
(2) Indi’s first experimental satellite was assisted by the Soviet Union.
(3) INSAT -2 project was India’s first indigenously built satellite.
(a) Only 1, 2 are correct
(b) Only 2nd is correct
(c) Only 2, 3 are correct
(d) All are correct
2. Where is the Headquarter of DRDO?
(a) New delhi
3. IRNSS-1E is the fifth satellite in the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS), which vehicle launched it?
(d) GSLV 3
4. Which of the following statement is Not true about IRNSS?
(a) IRNSS consists of constellation of seven satellites of which three are geostationary and four are non-geostationary.
(b) Till date 5 satellites of it has been launched.
(c) It will provide mapping and tracking services.
(d) It was launched on board of PSLV-C30 rocket from Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SHAR), Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.
5. Which of the following country do not have cryogenic engine technique?
6. Which of the following is the heaviest rocket of India?
(a) GSLV Mark 3
(b) RH 75
(c) RH 300
7. Which of the following is not true about mars mission of India?
(a) It was launched on 5 November 2012
(b) It was India's first interplanetary mission.
(c) ISRO has become the fourth space agency to reach Mars.
(d) India is the first Asian nation to reach Mars orbit.
8. Which of the following is not true about the chandrayan1?
(a) It was launched by the Indian Space Research Organisation in October 2008.
(b) India launched the spacecraft using a PSLV-XL rocket, serial number C13.
(c) The vehicle was successfully inserted into lunar orbit on 8 November 2008.
(d) Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee announced the project on course in his Independence Day speech on 15 August 2003.
9. What is true about Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV)?
(a) It was developed and operated by indigenously in India
(b) It was developed in collaboration with Russia.
(c) It was developed in collaboration with USA.
(d) It was developed in collaboration with USA & UK.
10. Where is Thumba Equatorial Rocket Launching Station (TERLS) situated?
(a) Andhra Pradesh