GK Quiz on IPO, Stock market, ICC Men’s T20 World Cup, Pulitzer Awards and more
Take the GK Quiz consisting of 10 MCQs on the following topics that may be essentially asked in various competitive exams.
1. SEBI was established in the year?
Explanation: SEBI was established on 12 April 1988 and given Statutory Powers on 30 January 1992 through the SEBI Act, 1992.
2. Who regulates the securities exchange or commodity market in India?
- Ministry of Finance
Explanation: The Securities and Exchange Board of India is the regulatory body for securities and commodity market in India under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Finance, Government of India.
3. What is the function of a stock market index?
- Showing trends of the market
- Providing weights to shares
- Showing volume of trade in the market
- Transaction of shares
Explanation: The stock market is a display of trends in the market.
4. Public issue involves IPO and ____
- Rights issue
- Bone issue
Explanation: Public issue involves Initial public offering and follow on public offer.
5. FPO and IPO can be either a fresh issue or a _______
- Offer for sale
- Offer of sale
- Private placement
- None of the above
Explanation: FPO and IPO can either be a fresh issue or an offer for sale. A follow on public offer is the issuance of shares after the company is listed on a stock exchange.
6. Where is the ICC Men's World Cup Tournament 2021 to be held
Explanation: ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021 to be hosted by the BCCI in Oman and the United Arab Emirates from 17 October to 14 November.
7. Who is the BCCI secretary currently?
- Sourav Ganguly
- Jay Shah
- Ravi Shastri
- Jagmohan Dalmiya
Explanation: The BCCI Secretary is Jay Shah, son of Amit Shah, the Union home minister.
8. Pulitzer prize is given for
- Excellence in Journalism
- Excellence in literature
- Excellence in musical composition
- All of the above
Explanation: Pulitzer Prize is presented by Columbia University for Excellence in newspaper journalism, literary achievements, musical composition
9. When was the Pulitzer prize awarded for the first time?
Explanation: The Pulitzer Prize was given away for the first time in 1917.
10. Who gives away the Pulitzer Prize?
- The government of the United States of America
- Columbia University
- Ivy league
- The Queen of England
Explanation: The Columbia University gives away the Pulitzer Prize. It is being awarded since 1917 by the varsity.