GK Quiz on Modern Indian History Set I
GK Questions and Answers (Quiz) on Modern Indian History Set I consists of 10 Multiple Type Questions that attune and equipped the aspirants according to the evolving nature of different competitive examination.
1. Which one of the following is considered the Magna Carta of the Indian people?
A.The Government of India Act, 1858
B. The Ilbert Bill
C. Indian Councils Act of 1892
D. Queen Victoria's Proclamation
2. In what way did the early nationalists undermine the moral foundations of the British rule with great success?
A. By their agitation for Constitutional reforms
B. By advocating open revolt
C. By seeking foreign help against the British
D. By seeking the support of the Indians living abroad
3. Consider the following statement (s) is/are related to the aims of the Indian National Congress in the early phases
I. Eradication of all possible race, creed or provincial prejudices among all lovers of India.
II. Promotion of personal intimacy among all the earnest workers in the cause of India.
III. Formulation of popular demands.
IV. Organisation of a violent struggle for the political emancipation of India.
Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
A. I, II & III
B. I, II & III
C. III & IV
D. II & III
4. Which of the following newspaper was started by Annie Besant?
A. The Hindu
B. Indian Express
C. The Times of India
D. New India
5. Who among the following was the real founder of the Aligarh Muslim University?
A. Nawab Salimullah
B. Syed Ahmad Khan
C. Abul Kalam Azad
D. Muhhammed Ali Jinnah
6. Which of the following statement is incorrect about the Act of 1919?
A. British India must an integral part of the British Empire.
B. Responsible government would be realised only by progressive stages.
C. Provincial subjects were classified into reserved subjects & transferred subjects.
D. The salary of the Secretary of State for India was drawn out of the revenues of Indian government.
7. Which of the following events inspired for the formation of the Home Rule Leagues?
A. First World War
B. Just before the First World War
C. After the First World War
D. After the passing of the Act of 1909
8. Which of the following leader was not associated with extremist leadership of Indian National Congress?
A. Lokmanya Tilak
B. Aurobindo Ghosh
C. Lala Lajpat Rai
D. A. O. Hume
9. Which of the following provision is a part of the Government of India Act of 1919?
A. Transfer of power to the Indians
B. The enlargement of the Viceroy's Executive Council
C. Remodelling of the Central legislature
D. Doing away with the distinction between the regulation and non-regulation provinces
10. When was the famous Resolution on non-cooperation under the inspiration of Mahatma Gandhi was adopted in a special session of the Congress held in Calcutta?
A. September, 1920
B. December, 1922
C. October, 1924
D. November, 1925