GK Quiz on Modern Indian History Set III
GK Quiz on Modern Indian History Set III consists of 10 Multiple Type Questions that attune and equipped the aspirants according to the evolving nature of different competitive examination.
1. Why was the Simon Commission boycotted?
A. Simon was not known to be a great supporter of the Indian cause.
B. All the members of the commission were Englishmen.
C. It was appointed before the expiry of the statutory period.
D. Peaceful demonstrators were severely beaten by the police.
2. What was the Ilbert Bill intended for?
A. To remove racial discrimination in employment
B. To enable India District Magistrates and Session Judges to try Europeans
C. To save Indians from racial humiliation
D. To change the method of recruitment in the Indian Civil Service
3. Which of the following statements about the Government of India Act of 1935 is not correct?
A. Diarchy was established in the provinces.
B. The Viceroy was given special powers.
C. The federal executive was to consist of the Viceroy, councillors and the ministers.
D. The federal legislature was to be bicameral.
4. Which of the following leader said that the Act of 1935 provided 'a machine with strong brakes but no engine'?
A. Jawaharlal Nehru
B. Rajendra Prasad
C. Mahatma Gandhi
D. Vallabhbhai Patel
5. The Battle of Wandiwash was fought between:
A. The Nizam of Hyderabad and the French
B. The English and the French
C. The English and Hyder Ali
D. The Nawab of Carnatic and the English
6. Which of the following Congress leader rejected the 'August Offer' of 1940?
A. Lord Wavell
B. Lord Linlithgow
C. Sir George Stanley
D. Lord Willingdon
7. Which of the following event compel the Rabindranath Tagore to renounce his knighthood?
A. To protest against the Jallianwalla Bagh incident
B. To protest against lathi charge on Lala Lajpat Rai that caused his death
C. To express solidarity with the leaders of Non-Cooperation Movement
D. To express solidarity with the protestors against the arrival of Simon Commission
8. Which of the following British official intiated the Doctrine of Lapse?
A. Lord Wellesley
B. Lord Auckland
C. Lord Dalhousie
D. Warren Hastings
9. Which of the following counterpart of British in the Treaty of Salbai?
A. the French
B. the Marathas
C. Tipu Sultan
D. the Nizam of Hyderabad
10. Which of the following treaty ended the First Carnatic War?