GK Quiz on Modern Indian History Set IV
GK Quiz on Modern Indian History Set IV consists of 10 Multiple Type Questions that attune and equipped the aspirants according to the evolving nature of different competitive examination.
1. Consider the following according to the correct chronological order of the Governors-General during British India
II. Marquess of Hastings
Select the correct answer from the codes given below:
A. I, II, III & IV
B. II, I, IV & III
C. I, III, II & IV
D. III, I, II & IV
2. Which of the following Acts had provision of Indian Civil Services recruitment on the basis of competitive examination?
A. Charter Act of 1813
B. Government of India Act, 1858
C. Charter Act of 1853
D. Charter Act of 1833
3. Who among the following was the counter part of Tipu Sultan during the Treaty of Seringapatnam?
A. Warren Hastings
B. Robert Clive
4. Which of the following Governor-General introduced the services of Railway and telegraph systems?
A. Lord Cornwallis
B. Lord Dalhousie
C. Lord Wellesley
D. Lord Bentinck
5. Which of the following is correctly matched?
A. Third Battle of Panipat: 1764
B. Regulating Act: 1773
C. Pitt’s India Act: 1761
D. Treaty of Allahabad: 1784
6. Who among the following Indian cracks the British Indian Civil Services Examination in thr first time of Indian Histroy?
A. Satyendranath Tagore
B. R. C. Dutt
C. Behari Lal Gupta
D. Surendranath Banerjee
7. Which of the following British official associated with the local self-government?
A. Lord Mayo
B. Lord Dufferin
C. Lord Northbrook
D. Lord Ripon
8. Who among the following Governors-General repealed the Vernacular Press Act of Lytton?
9. Who among the British Governor- General shown great interest in the preservation of ancient monuments?
A. Lord Curzon
B. Lord Ripon
C. Lord Lytton
D. Lord Irwin
10. Who was the Viceroy when the Jallianwala Bagh Massacre took place?