GK Quiz on Modern Indian History Set V consists of 10 Multiple Type Questions that attune and equipped the aspirants according to the evolving nature of different competitive examination.
1. Consider the following on the chronology of appointment of Viceroys
Select the correct answer using the codes given below.
A. I, II, III , IV
B. III, II, IV, II
C. IV, III, II, I
D. II, IV, III, I
2. Which of the following leader is not correctly matched with their association/party/ books/ newspaper?
A. Devendranath Tagore: Young India
B. Rabindranath Tagore : Patrika
C. M. K. Gandhi: Gitanjali
D. B. G. Tilak : Kesari
3. Who among the following leader draws his inspiration from M.K Gandhi?
A. Jawaharlal Nehru
B. Jayaprakash Narayan
C. Abdul Ghaffar Khan
D. Subhas Chandra Bose
4. Which of the following reason compel the leaders of Muslim League to enter in the Interim Government?
A. The Congress accepted their demand that it would not nominate a non-Muslim League Muslim to the Interim Government.
B. The Viceroy accepted its stand that it would not join the Constituent Assembly.
C. The Viceroy had accepted its stand that it would not take steps to rescind the League Council’s resolution of July 29.
D. The Muslim League wanted to get a foothold to fight for the cherished goal of Pakistan.
5. Who among the following leader made the famous 'Objectives Resolution', in the Constituent Assembly?
A. Vallabhbhai Patel
B. C. Rajagopalachari
C. Jawaharlal Nehru
D. Dr. John Mathai
6. Which of the following leader was one of the founding member og the Muslim League?
A. Muhammad Ali Jinnah
B. Shaukat Ali
C. Nawab Salimullah
D. Aga Khan
7. Which of the following statement relates the Dadabhai Naoroji’s definition of ‘Drain of Wealth’?
A. Those resources of the country were being utilized in the interest of Britain.
B. That a part of India's national wealth or total annual product was being exported to Britain for which India got no material return.
C. That the British industrialists were being given an opportunity to invest in India under the protection of the imperial power.
D. That the British goods were being imported into the country making it poorer day by day.
8. Which of the following reason that compel the Congress leader not to attend the Round Table Conference?
A. The British government was not in favour of M. K. Gandhi's participation in it.
B. The British government wanted to give representation to communal organisations.
C. The British government did not give any assurance to the effect that the discussions would proceed on the basis of granting Poorna Swaraj.
D. Fazl-i-Hussain who was suspected of dislike towards the Muslims with leanings towards the Congress was to guide the British government in the choice of Muslim delegates to the conference.
9. Who among the following leader headed the interim Government of 1946?
A. C. Rajagopalachari
B. M.K Gandhi
C. Jawaharlal Nehru
D. Dr. Rajendra Prasad
10. Who was the first Governor General of the new Indian Dominion?
A. Rajendra Prasad
B. Vallabhbhai Patel
D. Lord Mountbatten
GK Questions and Answers on the System of Police and Intelligence during British India
GK Questions and Answers on the British legislation to stop Revolutionaries Activities in India
GK Questions and Answers on the Socio-Religious Reforms Movement in India
GK Questions and Answers on the revolutionary movements during British India