GK Quiz on Modern Indian History consists of 10 Multiple Type Questions on Struggle for Independence Second Phase (1919- 1927) that attunes and equipped the aspirants according to the evolving nature of different competitive examination.
1. Which of the following committee and act is associated with the Sedition act?
A. Rowlatt Committee
B. Muddiman Committee
C. Butler Committee
D. Both A & B
2. Consider the following statement(s) regarding Khilafat Movement:
I. The Amritsar Session of the INC gave a great fillip to the Khilafat agitation.
II. Khilafat conference held in Calcutta under Presidentship of Jinnah.
III. Khilafat Movement was started to support Ottoman Empire.
Which of the above statement (s) is/are correct?
A. Only I
B. Both I and II
C. Both I and III
D. I, II and III
3. Which of the following was the achieved milestone of the Non-Cooperation Movement of 1921?
A. It stopped the injustice done to the Khilafat
B. Indian obtains some political rights
C. The Hindus and the Muslims came closer in political pursuit
D. It avenged the Punjab atrocities
4. Which of the following leader given the term ‘insenate waste’ on the the burning of the foreign clothes during the Non-Cooperation Movement?
A. Lord Reading
B. Motilal Nehru
C. Rabindra Nath Tagore
D. Mohammad Ali
5. When was the Non-Cooperation Movement got momentum under the leadership of Mahatma Gandhi and the Indian National Congress?
6. Which of the following event compel M.K Gandhi to withdraw the Nation’s cooperation from the British Government?
A. Jallianwala massacre
B. Bhagat singh Hanging
C. Lathi charge
D. All of the above
7. When was M.K Gandhi suspend after the violent act of peasants at Police station of Chauri Chaura, near Gorakhpur in UP?
A. Feb 1922
B. Mar 1922
C. Jan 1920
D. Feb 1920
8. When was the non-cooperation movement started by M.K Gandhi?
A. After Rowlatt Act
B. Chauri-Chaura incident
C. Jalliawalabagh Massacre
D. None of the above
9. Which of the following event was the reason for the withdrawn of non cooperation movement?
A. Chauri Chaura incident
B. Jallianwala massacre
C. Gandhi Imprisionment
10. Consider the following statement (s) related to the Non-cooperation Movement
I.It aimed to resist British rule in India through nonviolent means. Protestors would refuse to buy British goods, adopt the use of local handicrafts and picket liquor shops.
II.The ideas of Ahimsa and nonviolence, and Gandhi's ability to rally hundreds of thousands of common citizens towards the cause of Indian independence, were first seen on a large scale in this movement through the summer 1920, they feared that the movement might lead to popular violence
Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
A. Only I
B. Only II
C. Both I & II
D. Neither I nor II
GK Questions and Answers on the System of Police and Intelligence during British India
GK Questions and Answers on the British legislation to stop Revolutionaries Activities in India
GK Questions and Answers on the Socio-Religious Reforms Movement in India
GK Questions and Answers on the revolutionary movements during British India