GK Quiz on Science: Life Science Set II
Life science is one of the branches of science which involve in the scientific study of life and organisms – such as microorganisms, plants, and animals including human beings.
1. Which of the following teeth of child (3-4 Years) is not a part of the milk teeth?
2. Who said this statement? "I flatter myself having discovered the method that nature employs to purify air. It is vegetation."
A. Antonine Laurent Lavoisier
B. Joseph Priestley
C. Louis Pasteur
D. William Harvey
3. Why it is not advisable to sleep under a tree at night?
A. Release of less oxygen
B. Release of more oxygen
C. Release of carbon dioxide
D. Release of carbon monoxide
4. What is the averages rate of the heart beats (per minute) in an adult?
5. Which of the following is the volume of the urine produced in an adult human every 24 hours?
A. 1 litre
B. 1.5 litres
C. 3.0 litres
D. 5.0 litres
6. Which of the following pigment causes eye colour of person (brown eyes, blue eyes or black eyes)?
D. Vitreous body
7. Which of the following led to the expulsion of milk from the breast during suckling?
D. Estrogen and Progesterone
8. Where does fertilization occurs in the female?
A. Fallopian tube
9. Which of the following is the universal recipient blood group?
10. What proportion of children is likely to be colour blindness when their parent (mother has normal vision & father has colour-blindness)?
A. 0 per cent
B. 25 per cent
C. 50 per cent
D. 100 per cent