Indian Hockey team has finally won a medal after 40 full years at the Olympics. Take the following quiz below regarding the Tokyo Olympics this year and other events specifically related to hockey. Olympics is the sports event that is awaited by every sportsman his entire life. It is a global sports event where players win medals for life.
1. Which medal has India won at the Tokyo Olympics 2020 in Mens Hockey?
- No medal
Explanation: Indian Hockey Mens team has won a bronze medal this year at the Tokyo Olympics 2020.
2. Which team has India defeated to reach the Semi Finals of Olympics Hockey 2020?
Explanation: Indian Hockey team has beaten Great Britain's hockey team to reach the semi finals of Tokyo Olympics 2020.
3. Which country has won the highest number of Olympic medals till date?
Explanation: USA has won the maximum medals in Olympics including all the sports so far. The number of medals till last year's Olympics was 2523.
4. Which year did the torch burning relay start in the Olympics?
Explanation: The torch relay started for the first time in the Berlin Games in 1936.
5. In which of the following years has India won the gold in Hockey in Olympic games?
- All of the above
Explanation: India has won a gold in hockey in all the above mentioned years.
6. Which of the following statements is true about Indian Olympic Hockey performance?
i) India has never won a bronze medal in hockey
ii) India has won eight gold medals in hockey uptil now
- Only i
- Only ii
- Both i and ii
- None of the above
Explanation: India has won eight gold medals, one silver medal and 2 bronze medals in Hockey at the Olympic games till now.
7. Which medal did Mary Kom win in the London Olympics 2012?
Explanation: MC Mary Kom won a bronze medal in London Olympics 2012.
8. Who is the current captain of the India Hockey team (Men)?
- Manpreet Singh
- KD Singh
- Bharat Chetri
- PR Sreejesh
Explanation: Manpreet Singh, a midfielder has been named the captain of India Hockey Team.
9. Which of the following athletes wore a parachute while flying to 1960 Olympics?
- Muhammed Ali
- Dhyan Chand
- Mike Tyson
- None of the above
Explanation: Muhammed Ali wore a parachute to the 1960 Olympics in Rome.