Uttarakhand state situated in the northern part of India and world famous for beautiful hills and tourist sites. In the year 2000, Uttar Pradesh was divided into two parts and separate state Uttarakhand was built. It has been seen in the last several years that many questions are asked in various central and state level competitive examinations on the basis of facts related to different states. Therefore, in this article, we are presenting a GK quiz based on facts related to Uttarakhand state which is very useful for the students preparing for various examinations.
1. Which of the following places of Uttarakhand has situated most number of units of “integrated industrial institutions”?
2. Which National Park of Uttarakhand has been given the status of “World Heritage”?
A. Corbett National Park
B. Govind National Park
C. Rajaji National Park
D. Valley of flowers
3. What is the power generation capacity of Koteshwar dam located in Uttarakhand?
A. 800 MW
B. 1000 MW
C. 400 MW
D. 600 MW
4. In which year did the Gorkhas of Nepal attack the Kumaun area situated in Uttarakhand and subdued it?
5. Which of the following passes connects Pithoragarh to Tibet?
6. Which woman of Uttarakhand is known as "Badminton Queen"?
A. Kumari Hansa Manral
B. Manju Bisht
C. Madhumita Bisht
D. Hariya priya
7. Who was the founder of the first "Coolie Agency" in Uttarakhand?
A. Tara Datta Garrola
B. Thakur Jodh Singh
C. Anusuya Prasad Bahuguna
D. Pandit Dhaniram Varma
8. Which political party / coalition government was in the centre at the time of formation of Uttarakhand state?
A. National Democratic Alliance
B. Janata Dal
C. United Progressive Coalition
D. Indian Communist Party
9. In which district of Uttarakhand "Dhauli Ganga Electric Project" is situated?
10. When did winter snow sports started in "Auli", which located in Uttarakhand?
GK Question and Answer on Indian Polity: Union Territories of India
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.