LIC Policy Holders: How to avoid frauds and save your money?
The growing business of spurious calls have puzzled many industries either it is telecom industry, banking Industry and now LIC. In the recent developmentthe fraudsters are calling to LIC policy holders to link their policy with the Aadhar number. In some cases these fraudsters are selling fake LIC plans to the general public. After selling the policy they elope with the money and office as well.
LIC has observed that some fraudsters are posing as LIC officials, agents and IRDAI Officials and requesting Policy holders to discontinue their existing policy/policies for extra benefits through new policies.
To aware the general public the LIC has posted a notice on their official website; “Our attention is drawn to some messages circulated in social media with our Emblem and logo asking policyholders to link their Aadhaar number by sending SMS to designated number.”
Even the LIC has clarified that LIC does not have any such facility to link Aadhaar number to policies. So LIC did not send any such message to its policy holders.
The insurance provider has informed policyholders that no such message has been sent by them. They also clarified that as of now there is no facility to link Aadhaar number with LIC policies.
The notice further said, if LIC wanted to link policy number with the Aadhar through SMS, it will be updated on our official website.
LIC has issued an advisory to its policy holders;
1. If somebody tells that he/she is calling from the LIC just drop the call immediately.
2. In any case; always verify license issued to the caller by IRDAI before buying any policy.
3. Register your policies on LIC portal.
4. Don't believe if any caller promises you to provide extra benefits in case you surrender your existing LIC policy/policies.
5. Never share your policy details and other information with any unverified caller.
6. Please visit official website www.licindia.in - or contact your LIC branch for plan and other product details.
7. In case you got suspicious calls or SMS, report them through email id to firstname.lastname@example.org.
So to safeguard the interests of the policy holders LIC has issued some safety points which need to be followed by the Policy holders. So from today onwards be cautious before sharing your personal information to any unverified caller.