IPL Match Today: CSK vs GT Match Highlights, CSK Won IPL 2023 Final
The most awaited event in the world of sports is finally here. After months of thrilling, record-breaking, and dramatic matches, the 16th edition of the Indian Premier League is coming to an end. IPL 2023 will end with a highly anticipated match between the top two teams of the season- four-time title winners Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and the defending champions Gujarat Titans (GT).
Chennai Super Kings have won the toss and have opted to field
The much-anticipated clash between CSK and GT is about to take place today, May 29th, in the IPL 2023 season. As the excitement builds up, fans are eager to know the expected playing 11, head-to-head records, stats, and other important details about this thrilling encounter.
Check CSK Vs GT IPL Final 2023 Live Records:
Gujarat Titans have registered the highest team score ever in an IPL final (214/4).
Chennai Super Kings Win by Five Wickets
After 15 Overs CSK (171/5)
Mohit Sharma bowled the final over for GT and started off extremely well. Sharma delivered four masterful balls but couldn't keep up the quality for the last two balls.
Ravindra Jadeja was on strike and capitalised. Needing 10 runs from two balls, Jadeja hit Sharma for a six and four to finish the 2023 IPL match in thrilling fashion.
CSK won their fifth IPL title.
After 13 Overs CSK (150/5)
GT is still in the game after Mohit Sharma takes two wickets in the 12th over.
WICKET! Mohit Sharma strikes again! After three consecutive boundaries, Sharma dismisses Ambati Rayudu.
MS Dhoni comes out to bat but WOW! Another wicket. Dhoni departs on the first ball, scoring a duck. This could be a game-changer for GT.
WICKET! Mohit Sharma strikes! Ajinkya Rahane goes back after an explosive inning. CSK (118/3 after 11 overs)
deceives Conway as well and he's caught by Mohit Sharma. This could be a comeback for GT.
After 10 overs CSK (112/2)
After 8 overs CSK (94/2)
WICKET! Ahmad deceives Conway as well and he's caught by Mohit Sharma. This could be a comeback for GT.
WICKET! Ruturaj Gaikwad mistimes and is caught by Rashid Khan. Noor Ahmad gives GT the first wicket.
After 6 overs CSK (72/0)
After 4 overs Powerplay: CSK (52/0)
After 2 overs: CSK (24/0)
After 1 over: CSK (10/0)
UPDATE! The CSK vs GT final will resume at 12:10 AM
There will be 15 overs in the game and CSK will have to chase a reduced target of 171 runs.
The powerplay will be 4 overs and each bowler will get a maximum of 3 overs.
Chennai Super Kings Innings: (4/0) 0.3 overs
After 20 Overs: GT (214/4)
WICKET! Over 20: Pathirana dismisses Sai Sudharsan: 96 (47)
After 19 Overs: GT (200/2)
After 18 Overs: GT (182/2)
After 17 Overs: GT (173/2)
After 15 Overs: GT (153/2)
After 14 Overs: GT (131/2)
After 13 Overs: GT (124/1)
- 10 boundaries in the powerplay - nine fours and a six. Only one more in three overs since the field restrictions have lifted
- 300 dismissals for MS Dhoni in the IPL on his 250th match
- Did you know? There have been two 50-plus stands vs CSK in IPL finals, with Shubman Gill involved in both. He and Venkatesh Iyer had added 91 in the 2021 final in Dubai.
- Wriddhiman Saha seems to be playing responsibly. He is the only Indian to score a century in an IPL final.
- 21 score on which Saha was dropped by Chahar off his own bowling. This was a much tougher catch, to his left
Check the Key Statistics:
11 Overs, 96 Runs, 1 Wicket
Sai Sudharsan: 10(12)
Wriddhiman Saha: 47(34)
Last Wicket: Shubman Gill st Dhoni b Jadeja 39(20) - 67/1 in 6.6 ov.
Jadeja to Shubman Gill, out Stumped!! Shubman Gill st Dhoni b Jadeja 39(20)
Jadeja to Saha, 1 run, to mid-on
Highlights (Overs 1-6)
- Chahar begins with a 2-run over
- Chahar drops Gill on 2
- Saha hammers Chahar for 16 runs in his 2nd over
- Gill gains confidence with three boundaries in a row off Deshpande
- Saha dropped on 21 by Chahar
- Theekshana bowls the last over of the powerplay and leaks 13
Powerplay ends with GT on 62/0. Chahar dropped Gill early and since then he's raced away. It was Saha who took the attack to CSK first, before GIll took over. Superb start for GT
In 6 Overs:
Partnership: 62 (36)
Last 6 overs: 62 runs, 0 wkts
Wriddhiman Shah: 26
Shubman Gill: 36
In 4 Overs:
Partnership: 4 9(30)
Last 4 overs: 49 runs, 0 wkts
Wriddhiman Shah: 25
Shubman Gill: 24
In 3 Overs:
Last 3 overs: 35 runs, 0 wkts
Toss: Chennai Super Kings (Bowling)
IPL 2023 Final: CSK vs GT LIVE UPDATES
The final Match is going to start shortly, get to know about the team details:
Gujarat Titans (Playing XI): Wriddhiman Saha(w), Shubman Gill, Sai Sudharsan, Hardik Pandya(c), Vijay Shankar, David Miller, Rahul Tewatia, Rashid Khan, Mohit Sharma, Noor Ahmad, Mohammed Shami
Chennai Super Kings (Playing XI): Ruturaj Gaikwad, Devon Conway, Ajinkya Rahane, Moeen Ali, Ambati Rayudu, Ravindra Jadeja, MS Dhoni(w/c), Deepak Chahar, Matheesha Pathirana, Tushar Deshpande, Mahees
|Captain Dhoni won the toss and decided to bowl first. GT is now batting.|
CSK vs GT IPL Final: Reserve Day - May 29, 2023
Rain washed away the chances and many fans' plans of watching the IPL 2023 final live on Sunday, May 28, 2023.
Heavy downpour began before the toss and continued till midnight. There was some respite in the rain briefly but that didn't last for long.
Finally, it was decided to shift the IPL 2023 final between CSK and GT to the reserve day: May 29.
However, rain is expected to come down on May 29 as well. If rain plays spoilsport again, the team that topped the points table ie. GT, will win the championship.
IPL 2023 Final Shifted to May 29
The 2023 IPL Final match between Chennai Super Kings and Gujarat Titans will be played on May 29, 2023. The game was delayed due to heavy rain in Ahmedabad.
This is the first time an IPL final will be played on a reserve day.
The #Final of the #TATAIPL 2023 has been moved to the reserve day on 29th May - 7:30 PM IST at the Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad.— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) May 28, 2023
Physical tickets for today will be valid tomorrow. We request you to keep the tickets safe & intact. #CSKvGT pic.twitter.com/d3DrPVrIVD
- The 2023 IPL final has suffered a setback. Rain has struck the city of Ahmedabad, Gujarat and much of the Narendra Modi Stadium is covered.
- The toss has been delayed. However, there will be no restrictions if the game begins before 9:35 PM. Otherwise, fans will have to suffice with a shortened or special rules game.
- In case, the rain doesn't stop today, the match will happen on the reserve day with full 20 overs.
- Hopefully, the rain will stop soon and we'll get another breathtaking and exhilarating IPL final.
It's still raining in Ahmedabad. After a brief pause, heavy showers returned and the pitch was covered again.
There's no confirmation from BCCI regarding the fate of the match, in case the rain doesn't stop.
Latest Update: May 28, 2023 10:20 PM
Latest Update: May 28, 2023 8:35 PM
IPL 2023 Final Records
The 2023 IPL was one for the history books. The tournament saw multiple records being broken in the league stage and the playoffs were no different. Even the final was action-packed, with Gujarat Titans recording a massive 214/4 batting first.
Check the major records broken during the 2023 IPL finals and playoffs.
Most expensive bowling figures in IPL finals
- 0/61 - Shane Watson (RCB) vs SRH, Bengaluru, 2016
- 0/56 - Lockie Ferguson (KKR) vs CSK, Dubai, 2021
- 0/56 - Tushar Deshpande (CSK) vs GT, Ahmedabad, 2023
- 4/54 - Karanveer Singh (PBKS) vs KKR, Bengaluru, 2014
Youngest batsmen to score 50-plus in IPL final
- 20y, 318 days - Manan Vohra (PBKS) vs KKR, Bengaluru, 2014
- 21y, 226 days - Sai Sudharsan (GT) vs CSK, Ahmedabad, 2023
- 22y, 37 days - Shubman Gill (KKR) vs CSK, Dubai, 2021
- 23y, 37 days - Rishabh Pant (DC) vs MI, Dubai, 2020
Highest individual scores in IPL finals
- 117* - Shane Watson (CSK) vs SRH, Mumbai WS, 2018
- 115* - Wriddhiman Saha (PBKS) vs KKR, Bengaluru, 2014
- 96 - Sai Sudharsan (GT) vs CSK, Ahmedabad, 2023
- 95 - Murali Vijay (CSK) vs RCB, Chennai, 2011
- 94 - Manish Pandey (KKR) vs PBKS, Bengaluru, 2014
Highest Scores by uncapped players in IPL Playoffs
- 112* - Rajat Patidar (RCB) vs LSG, Kolkata, 2022 Eliminator
- 96 - Sai Sudharsan (GT) vs CSK, Ahmedabad, 2023 Final
- 94 - Manish Pandey (KKR) vs PBKS, Bengaluru, 2014 Final
- 89 - Manvinder Bisla (KKR) vs CSK, Chennai, 2012 Final
Highest Team Scores in IPL Playoffs
- 233/3 - GT vs MI, Ahmedabad, 2023 Q2
- 226/6 - PBKS vs CSK, Mumbai WS, 2014 Q2
- 222/5 - CSK vs DC, Chennai, 2012 Q2
- 214/4 - GT vs CSK, Ahmedabad, 2023 Final
- 208/7 - SRH vs RCB, Bengaluru, 2016 Final
IPL 2023 Final: Expected Playing 11
Chennai Super Kings (CSK):
- Ruturaj Gaikwad
- Devon Conway
- Ajinkya Rahane
- Ambati Rayudu
- Shivam Dube
- Moeen Ali
- Ravindra Jadeja
- MS Dhoni (C)
- Deepak Chahar
- Tushar Deshpande
- Maheesh Theekshana
Gujarat Titans (GT):
- Shubman Gill
- Wriddhiman Saha
- Abhinav Manohar
- Hardik Pandya (C)
- Vijay Shankar
- David Miller
- Rahul Tewatia
- Rashid Khan
- Mohit Sharma
- Noor Ahmad
- Mohammed Shami
CSK vs GT Head-to-Head Records:
- CSK and GT are two top teams of the season, or perhaps, the league. The two have faced each other a handful of times in IPL.
- Out of the total four matches played, CSK has won 1 match, while GT has emerged victorious in 3 matches.
- The head-to-head record between the two teams favours GT as it has won the most number of matches.
- The final match of IPL 2023 that is to be held today is the perfect opportunity for CSK to improve their head-to-head record against their opponent.
All eyes are bound to be on Chennai’s current captain and former captain of the Indian Cricket Team and star player Mahendra Singh Dhoni as the legendary cricketer has hinted at his retirement from all forms of cricket in this league.
GT's star performer, Shubman Gill, has been consistent with the bat, accumulating massive 851 runs so far in the tournament in just 16 innings. Gill is one of the best up-and-coming cricketers of the time.
What is the weather forecast for today's IPL final 2023?
On Sunday evening, May 28th, Ahmedabad can anticipate showers according to AccuWeather. The forecast indicates a 40% chance of rain during the evening, with approximately 2 hours of scattered rainfall expected throughout the city. Following sunset, gusts of 50 km/h winds are expected to accompany the rain. The Indian Meteorological Department supports this forecast, stating that the weather will be predominantly cloudy, with at least some amount of rainfall.
The IPL final has been delayed and will take place on Monday, May 29, 2023 instead. However, rain is also expected on May 29.
How to watch the IPL final between CSK and GT?
TV channels that are broadcasting the IPL final- Star Sports
Apps to live stream the final match of IPL - Jio Cinema
- The final match of the season is scheduled to be held at Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad, Gujarat at 7:30 pm IST.
- Predictions for today's match indicate a close contest between the two teams, with both CSK and GT having a strong chance of emerging victorious.
The clash between CSK and GT in the IPL 2023 season promises to be an exciting encounter. With the expected playing 11, head-to-head records, key stats, and other details covered, fans can now eagerly anticipate the match and witness their favourite players in action. Stay tuned for all the live updates and enjoy the thrilling contest between these two formidable teams.
- Highest Team Scores of All Time in IPL (2008 - 2023)
- List of IPL Title Winners Team from 2008 to 2023