Karun Nair: 11 Facts about India's Youngest Second Triple Centurion in Test
Rajasthan born right handed batsman Karun Nair scored unbeaten 303 runs in test match against England and became only second Indian who made triple hundred in tests after the legendary player Virender Sehwag. Nair is guided by the cricket stalwarts like Rahul Dravid and Javagal Srinath. Nair’s 328 were the 10th highest individual score by any batsman in Ranji history and second highest by a Karnataka batsman after KL Rahul’s 337. Nair’s 328 was also the fifth longest knock by a batsman in First-Class cricket as he played for 872 minutes. In this article we are giving 11 interesting facts about this new batting sensation. Let’s have a look:
1. Karun Kaladharan Nair was born in Jodhpur Rajasthan on 6 December 1991.
2. He is plays domestic cricket from Karnataka state; and in the Indian Premier league he is playing for Delhi daredevils currently.
3. Nair made his first-class debut in the 2013–14 season in which Karnataka won the Ranji Trophy.
4. In the first class cricket, Nair made 2845 runs in the 37 matches at the average of 52.68.
5. He made his test debut against England on November 26, 2016 and became 287th Indian test player.
6. He made his ODI debut on June11, 2016 against Zimbabwe and became 212th Indian One-Day player.
7. He became the third player in international cricket history to convert his maiden century into a triple century, by scoring an unbeaten 303 against England on 19th Dec. 2016.
8. Nair is the only second Indian batsman who made a triple-hundred in test cricket after the Virender Sehwag who made 2 triple centuries.
9. He is the only second player from Karnataka who scored a triple-hundred and the first batsman to score a triple century in a Ranji final since 1946–47.
10. Karun is the youngest Indian test player who scored a triple-hundred.
11. Till date he has played 3 test matches, 2 One-Day and 64 T20 matches.
We all Indian cricket fans expect that Karun Nair will continue to play like this in the coming years and will establish himself as the strongest pillar of Indian middle order batting.
List of Triple Centuries in Test Cricket: Latest GK 2016