Metals are the element that loses electrons easily and have positive ions or cations. It consists of metallic bonds.
- Metals are shiny and ductile i.e. can be converted into thin wires.
- Metals are malleable i.e. can be converted into thin sheets.
- Metals are dense and very good conductor of heat and electricity.
- Metals are lustrous and dense.
- Metals are elastic and tough.
- Metals can be converted into liquid so, it is fusible also.
Ores are those minerals from which metals are extracted commercially and economically. Like Bauxite (Al2O32H2O) is the ore of Aluminium which contains 50% to 70% of Aluminium Oxide.
Elements of Metals can be broken down into several categories; one of them is transition metals.
Transition metals are those metals in which inner d or f orbitals are being filled. But do you know that what are orbital’s? It may be defined as the way that electrons can be organised around a nucleus. There are four types of orbitals: s, p, d and f. Now, after understanding what are metals, its properties, ores, etc. now we will see a list of important metals and their ores.
After understanding metals, ores and its properties. We have seen list of important metals and ores from which it is extracted. Hoping, this article will be helpful in your various exam preparations.