National Parents' Day 2021: Date, History, Significance and Celebrations
National Parents' Day 2021: The day is marked to appreciate the efforts of parents and their lifelong sacrifice. Parents provide mental, emotional, and financial stability to their children and make sure that they do not lack anything in life. Parents are the gift of God on Earth. Nobody can take their place in life.
They play an important role in children's life. National Parents' Day is celebrated to promote responsible parenting and to recognize positive parental role models. The day also observes the special bond of love and care between parents and their children.
National Parents' Day: History
President Bill Clinton in 1994 signed a law and a resolution was adopted by the US Congress to establish the fourth Sunday of every July as Parents' Day. This day is similar to Mother's Day and Father's day. In the Congressional resolution, it is mentioned that Parents' Day is established for "recognising, uplifting and supporting the role of parents in the rearing of children".
How is National Parents' Day celebrated?
On this day every year, Americans recognise outstanding parents and celebrate the teamwork in raising children and support the role of parents in providing guidance and help in building a strong and stable society. Throughout the nation several states, community leaders organise Parents' Day events.
To honour parents, local Parents' Day Committees are made up of volunteers, public officials, community leaders, ministers, teachers, students, etc. who organise various events. Since 1994, every year, these local communities have sponsored annual Parents' Day programs in America and gathered nominations, and provide awards to some incredible parents in town and neighbourhoods. It is also necessary to spend time with parents or visit someone who was like a parent to you.
Importance of Parents in our life
- Parents play a tremendous role in the development of children. They provide everything that a child needs at the time of development.
- Parents help us to make educated. For the future of their children, parents do all sacrifices and reduce their own living costs.
- They provide unconditional love to their children.
- They provide financial and moral support.
- Support of the family is an integral part of everyone's life. Family means parents, grandparents. Parents are home.
- Parents teach children the value of discipline and relationships.
- Parents are the best friends.
- Parents are always ready to catch you when you fall.
There are so many reasons that why parents are important. Some of them are mentioned above.
However, it is our sanskaras and thinking, how much respect and importance we give to our parents. They help us in every step of our life, they trained us to face future challenges whatever comes in our life. Parents live for us, they are our first teachers. We should respect them and their decisions.
Happy Parents' Day!