Jagranjosh.com has published quiz on ancient Indian history with answers. Most of the questions in this set of questions are from Mauryan period. It can be beneficial for the students who are preparing for the competitive exams such as IAS/PCS and SSC.
1. What was the central point in Ashoka's Dhamma?
a) Worship to Lord Parshuram
b) Anti-social behavior
c) Revolts and mutiny
d) peace & non-violence
2. In which of the following is the division of Mauryan society into 7 classes mentioned?
d) The Indica of Megasthenes
3. Which edict mentions the effects of Kalinga war on King Ashoka?
a) rock edicts
4. During the reign of which ruler did Megasthenes visit India?
a) Chandragupta Maurya
b) Sher Shah Suri
5. Who assumed the title 'Vikramaditya'?
a) Azam Shah
b) Rafi ud-Darajat
c) Chandragupta II
d) Shah Jahan II