GK Quiz on Indian Economy: Types of Index Human Development Index HDI
The Human Development Index (HDI) is a statistic composite index of life expectancy, education, and per capita income indicators, which are used to rank countries into four tiers of human development. A country scores a higher HDI when the lifespan is higher, the education level is higher, and the GDP per capita is higher.
1. Which three indicators are used in the Human Development Index (HDI)?
I. Standard of living
III. Life expectancy
IV. Condition of environment
A. Only I,II & IV
B. Only I, II, & III
C. Only I & II
D. All of the above
2. Who releases the Human Development Report?
A. World bank
B. World economic forum
C. United Nations
3. Who secured the top rank in The Human Development Report 2018?
4. Who secured the lowest rank in The Human Development Report 2018?
5. What is the rank of India in the Human Development Index 2018?
6. When was the Gender Inequality Index (GII) introduced?
7. Who invented the Human development Index?
A. Paul krugman
B. Mahbub –ul Haq
C. Jean dreze
D. Alfred marshal
8. Who releases the Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI)?
A. World Bank
B. World Economic Forum
D. Asian Development Bank
9. Which of the following index is not released by the UNDP?
A. Human Development Index
B. Multidimensional Poverty Index
C. Gender Inequality Index
D. Environmental Quality Index
10. Which statement depicts the best definition of sustainable development?
A. It means optimal utilization of natural resources.
B. Sustainable use of natural resources without considering the need of the future generation.
C. Present generation fulfills its needs while considers the needs of the future generation as well.
D. None of these