Jagran josh welcomes you to G.K Quiz which helps in your preparation for different competitive examinations. Although, today’s competitive examination are in evolving new trend of mixing traditional and untraditional questions, here we are giving Multiple Type Question on ‘Types of Index, Human Development Index (HDI)” that attune and equipped in different competitive examination.
1. Which three indicators are used in the Human Development Index (HDI)?
I. Standard of living
III. Life expectancy
IV. Condition of environment
(a) Only I,II & IV
(b) Only I, II, & III
(c) Only I & II
(d) All of the above
2. Who releases the Human Development Report?
(a) World bank
(b) World economic forum
(c) United Nations
3. Who secured the top rank in The Human Development Report 2014?
4. Who secured the lowest rank in The Human Development Report 2014?
5. What is the rank of India in the Human Development Index 2014?
6. When was the Gender Inequality Index (GII) introduced?
7. Who invented the Human development Index?
(a) Paul krugman
(b) Mahbub –ul Haq
(c) Jean dreze
(d) Alfred marshal
8. Who releases the Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI)?
(a) World Bank
(b) World Economic Forum
(d) Asian Development Bank
9. Which of the following index is not released by the UNDP?
(a) Human Development Index
(b) Multidimensional Poverty Index
(c) Gender Inequality Index
(d) Environmental Quality Index
10. Which statement depicts the best definition of sustainable development?
(a) It means optimal utilization of natural resources.
(b) Sustainable use of natural resources without considering the need of the future generation.
(c) Present generation fulfills its needs while considers the needs of the future generation as well.
(d) None of these