Jagranjosh welcomes you to G.K Quiz which helps in your preparation for different competitive examinations. Although, today’s competitive examination are in evolving new trend of mixing traditional and untraditional questions, here we are giving Multiple Type Question on ‘’18th Century Revolts and Reform’’ that attune and equipped in different competitive examination.
1. Justice movement was started by?
I. C.N Mudaliar
II. T.M Nair
III. P. Tyagaraja
A. Only a
B. Only b
C. By both A and B
D. All the three
2. Temple entry movement started mainly in Kerala aimed at which of the following
A. Allowing untouchables to Hindu temples and roads
B. Keeping the monopoly of temples to Brahmin class
C. Allowing women to enter temple
D. Sanskrit lessons to be imparted only to Brahmin family members and others to be devoid of it in order to preserve its purity.
3. Aravippuram movement which is considered as a precursor to all south Indian socio religious reform movement started in which of the following places?
A. Tamil Nadu
C. Andra Pradesh
4. Sri Narayana Guru Swamy initiated a programme of action called Sri Narayana Guru Dharma Paripalana yogam which took up issues regarding depressed classes, contains which of the issues?
I. Encouraging inter caste marriages
II. Right of admission to public schools
III. Recruitment to government schools
IV. Access to temples and roads
A. I II and III
B. II III and IV
C. I III and IV
D. II III and IV
5. Which of the means adopted under Self Respect Movement?
I. Violent protests against upper classes
II. Undermine position of Brahmin priests by formalizing weddings without them
III. Boycott of temples and places of Brahmin residence
A. I and III
B. Only II
C. Only III
D. All the above
6. Sathya Shodak Samaj also called truth seekers society was started by which of the following reformers?
A. Gopal Krishna Gokhale
B. Jyotiba Phule
C. Dayananda Saraswathi
D. Shiv Narain Agnihotri
7. Which of the following statements regarding Gyana Prasarak Mandalis or student literary and scientific societies is / are correct?
I. Formed by common people to educate youth
II. Had two branches Marathi and Guajarati
III. Aimed to start schools for girls.
IV. Organized lectures to propagate their ideas
A. I and II only
B. I III and IV only
C. II and III only
D. II III and IV
8. Paramahamsa Mandali primarily aimed at breaking caste rules was founded in which of the following places
C. Tamil Nadu
9. Which of the following were the main aims of Satyashodhak Samaj?
I. Social service
II. Spread of education among women and lower caste
III. Complete abolition of caste system and inequalities
A. Only II
B. I and II
C. II and III
D. All the above
10. The Servants of Indian Society started by Gopal Krishna Gokhale was set up with which of the following objectives?
A. Prepare masses for selfless cause of country and devote their lives if needed
B. Train national missionaries for the service of country
C. Both the above statement
D. Reorganization of Indian society on rational principles
GK Questions and Answers on the System of Police and Intelligence during British India
GK Questions and Answers on the British legislation to stop Revolutionaries Activities in India
GK Questions and Answers on the Socio-Religious Reforms Movement in India
GK Questions and Answers on the revolutionary movements during British India