Jagran josh welcomes you to G.K Quiz which helps in your preparation for different competitive examinations. Although, today’s competitive examination are in evolving new trend of mixing traditional and untraditional questions, here we are giving Multiple Type Question on ‘Powers of Parliament, National Human Rights Commission (NHRC)” that attune and equipped in different competitive examination.
1. Which of the following article dealt with the formation of Parliament?
(a) Article 54
(b) Article 63
(c) Article 77
(d) Article 79
2. Article 250 of the constitution says that:
(a) In case of the declaration of President's Rule in any State under Article 356 of the Constitution, the Parliament is competent to legislate on any matter included in the State List.
(b) Education will be in the con- current list of the constitution.
(c) Every Indian state will have a governor to assist chief minister.
(d) Some taxes will be imposed and collected by the central government only.
3. Joint session of the parliament is arranged under the article........
4. Which of the following is not sacked/ impeached by the Parliament?
(b) Chief Justice of Supreme Court
(c) Auditor General
(d) Attorney General of India
5. Which of the following is true about Parliament?
(a) Parliament consists of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha.
(b) The Vice- President is elected by both the Houses of the Parliament.
(c) Joint session of the parliament is headed by the president
(d) Joint session of the parliament is called by the Lok Sabha Speaker.
6. Who is the current Chairman of National Human Rights Commission?
(a) Cyriac joseph
(b) K.G. Balakrishnan
(c) Markedey katju
(d) Lila Samson
7. The Chairman of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) must be :
(a) Retired judge of high court
(b) A lawyer who has the eligibility to be a judge of Supreme Court
(c) Retired Judge of Supreme Court
(d) Retired Attorney General of India
8. The Chairperson and members of the NHRC are appointed on the recommendation of a committee consisting of:
(a) Prime Minister, Home Minister, Leader of Opposition in both houses of Parliament, Lok Sabha Speaker
(b) Prime Minister, Home Minister, Leader of Opposition in both houses of Parliament, Lok Sabha Speaker and Deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha
(c) Prime Minister, Home Minister, Leader of Opposition in both houses of Parliament, Lok Sabha Speaker and President
(d) Prime Minister, Home Minister, President and Chief Judge of Supreme Court
9. The Chairman of NHRC is appointed for the period of:
(a) 6 years or till the age of 70 years
(b) 6 years or till the age of 65 years
(c) 5 years or till the age of 65 years
(d) 5 Years or till the age of 70 years
10. NHRC was established in the year: