United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD)
The United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD) is an autonomous institute of the UN system which involve in a multi-disciplinary research and policy analysis on the social dimensions of current development issues. It was formed in 1963 for conducting relevant research on policy related to the social development.
There are four themes of conducting research on policy:
- Social policies for inclusive development
- Politics and institutional dynamics of social development
- Socially sustainable development
- Gender dimensions of development
Objectives of United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD)
- To ensure social equity, inclusion and justice by enhancing the peripheral vision of thinking, policy and practice.
- To make practical of neglected social content and provide the rational path to social institutions in shaping development policies according to timeframe.
- To provide collaborative inquiry to the institutions of developing countries.
- To provide a space for the exchange of ideas, giving prominence to marginalized viewpoints, often challenging mainstream development thinking and offering alternative policy