Whenever we heard about cruise ship then we got pictures of Titanic and its ambience, but before moving on to the discussion on the World's biggest cruise ship, firstly know that 'what is cruise ship?’ A cruise ship or cruise liner is a passenger ship used for pleasure voyages, where the voyage itself and the ship's amenities are a part of the experience, as well as the different destinations along the way. It is like floating hotels, with a complete hospitality staff in addition to the usual ship's crew.
The Royal Caribbean International (a cruise line brand founded in Norway and based in Miami, Florida, United States of America) announced the World's biggest cruise ship, i.e. Symphony of the Seas, which will start its voyages from April 2018. The ship is currently under construction at a shipyard in France. Here, we are giving 10 amazing facts about the World's biggest cruise ship for general awareness.
1. It is 170,000 Sq. ft. Cruise, in which more than three football fields can be filed.
2. It has 16 decks (platforms built into a vessel) with weight of 230,000 gross tonnes.
3. It can carry 5500 passengers in 2,774 guest rooms which is 1346 Sq. ft. family suite with two Bedrooms that can accommodate up to 8 people.
4. The features on board Symphony of the Seas are shown in the image given below:
Features of Symphony of the Seas
5. It has mobile check-in services that uses facial recognition technology.
6. The engine of the cruise is powered by four bow thrusts, each stuffed with 7,500 horsepower that can achieve speed of 22 knots (41 km/h; 25 mph).
7. The entire cost of making of Symphony of seas is around US$1.35 billion (2016). Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is the owner and operator of the cruise.
8. It will spend its inaugural summer season – from April to October 2018 – in Europe, calling at Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Provence, Florence, Pisa, Rome and Naples, terminal in Port Miami.
9. Drinks will be served at Bionic Bar of Symphony of Seas by a robot arm.
10. It is equipped with more than 20 specialties and complimentary restaurants.
The Symphony of the Seas is the world's biggest cruise ship of all time belonging to Royal Caribbean's Oasis class which is constructed by gross tonnage, at 230,000 GT, surpassing MS Harmony of the Seas. The Royal Caribbean Cruise Ltd has introduced, the most cutting-edge, customizable and digitally-enhanced cruise.