The online application for Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination i.e. VITEEE 2018 has been extended upto March 15th, 2018.
Interested candidates can apply for various engineering courses at VIT through 10 step online procedure, available on the official website, i.e. http://www.vit.ac.in.
The online registrations for VITEEE 2018 were started on 9th November 2017 and will now, end on 15th March 2018.
The examination for the VITEEE 2018 will begin from 4th April 2018 to 15th April 2018. VITEEE 2018 results will as of now, be declared on or before 25th April 2018.
According to the official website, these are some of the eligibility criteria for the students.
• The applicant for admission should be a Resident / Non-Resident Indian National.
• Foreign Nationals can apply separately through Foreign National Application form.
• The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board; Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi), The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination -ISCE, New Delhi.
• Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
• High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
• General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
• As per VIT Norms, NIOS candidates are eligible to appear for the VITEEE-2018. They should produce the Migration Cum Transfer Certificate at the time of joining.
• Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2018 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate)
According to the sources, all the candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura. The ‘CERTIFICATE TO PROVE NATIVITY’ should be produced at the time of counseling, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
The candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1996 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2018. The date of birth as recorded in the High School / SSC / X Certificate will be considered authentic. All the aspirants should produce this certificate in original as a proof of their age at the time of counseling, failing for which they will be disqualified.
The admission will solely depend on the marks obtained by the candidates in VITEEE 2018. The candidates will be shortlisted based on their entrance examination rank and will be called for the counseling. VITEEE 2018 exam for B.Tech. programme is common for VIT-Vellore, VIT-Chennai, VIT-Bhopal, and VIT-AP.
Formerly called as the Vellore Engineering College, VIT is the premier engineering institute located in Tamil Nadu. Established in the year 1984, the Vellore Institute of Technology has a rich heritage of leading the field of technical education in the state and the country. Currently, the VIT offers 20 undergraduates, 34 postgraduate, four integrated and four research programs as part of its academic profile. The institute conducts its own engineering entrance exam to admit students to the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes on offer at their campuses across India.