The IIM CAT 2018 registration has now begun on the official website that is iimcat.ac.in. The detailed schedule for the IIM CAT examination was declared in July and now the registration has started. The online registration process of the biggest MBA entrance examination has now begun. It is going to be a nail-biting competition between the students. The CAT 2018 MBA entrance examination registration has started from today and the last date of registration is September 19th, 2018. All the candidates who will be appearing for the examination are asked to keep checking this page as we will be providing all the related information here. The Common Admission Test will be conducted on November 25th at 147 cities across the country. As per the statement released by the IIM Calcutta, the CAT 2018 will be conducted in two sessions.
As per the legal requirements, it has been informed that the 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC), 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates, 27% of seats for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the “Non-Creamy” layer (NC-OBC), and 5% for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwD). According to the reports the final CAT 2018 scores are allowed to be used by the listed non-IIM member institutions. The full list of these non-IIM member institutions that have registered to avail the CAT 2018 scores is provided at www.iimcat.ac.in. At the time of registration, the candidates have to select any four Test Cities as per their preference from the drop-down menu.
The candidates who are preparing for the examination must note that after submission of applications, they will be allowed to download their admit card from October 24 onwards, till the date of the test. This year, the CAT examination would comprise three sections Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension,: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Ability. In order to make the test process simpler and understandable, a tutorial will be available online from October 17. Queries, if any other than the FAQs available in the website, can be cleared through CAT helpdesk over email or phone.
The candidates can apply for the admission through the official website iimcat.ac.in. The CAT results are announced in the form of percentile. After CAT, every IIM and non-IIM institute announces its separate selection criteria and procedure based on the CAT score. Students who qualify CAT exam will have to then apply separately to their desired institutes.
Important facts about CAT 2018
• The Common Admission Test 2018 exam is a computer based exam of 3 hours duration
• The question paper comprises of 100 questions
• One of the top 6 IIMs will convene CAT 2018 exam, last year it was IIM Lucknow
• TCS – Tata Consultancy Services is the test taking agency for CAT exam 2018
• There are probable chances that high score in each of the 3 sections in CAT exam 2018 may lead to 1st stage admission shortlist for the 2019-21 batch in IIMs, FMS Delhi, SPJIMR Mumbai, MDI Gurgaon, IMI New Delhi, JBIMS Mumbai, IMT Ghaziabad, TAPMI Manipal, BIMTECH Greater Noida, GIM Goa, Great Lakes Chennai, LIBA Chennai, IFMR Chennai, XIM Bhubaneswar among other top MBA colleges
• CAT 2018 MBA entrance exam is the low cost MBA entrance test as it provides admission opportunity in 20 IIMs with the CAT 2018 registration fee of Rs.1900/- for General candidates; Rs.1000/- for reserved category. CAT 2018 Registration and CAT exam application fee taken together comes to less than Rs.100 per IIM.
About Common Admission Test (CAT)
Common Admission Test (CAT 2018) is one of the competitive entrance examinations for pursuing postgraduate programs in Business Administration field. It is the entrance exam to get admission to 20 Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) and more than 100 B-schools located across India. This national level examination is conducted by the IIMs on the rotation basis. Every year a large number of candidates appear in the CAT examination and the count is increasing year by year.