All the MBBS aspirants should hurry up, as today is the last date for the registration of the all India MBBS entrance exam, i.e. NEET 2018. Previously, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) released a circular in which they notified that they have extended the last date for submitting the application for the national medical entrance exam-NEET till March 12th, 2018.
The registration window will close today, i.e. on 12th March 2018. The announcement by CBSE comes in wake of the Supreme Court's decision to allow alternative IDs for registration besides Aadhaar which was earlier made mandatory by the board.
Here are points on which CBSE emphasized in their CBSE NEET 2018 notice:
1. The date for submission of online Application Form for NEET (UG), 2018 is extended from 09.03.2018 (Friday) to 12.03.2018 (Monday) till 5.30 pm.
2. The candidates may submit online fees upto 13.03.2018 till 11.50 pm.
3. In addition to Aadhaar or Aadhaar Enrollment No., the candidates may fill the application form by mentioning alternative Identification Number such as Ration Card, Passport, Bank Account No. or other valid Government ID (such as Driving License, Voter ID etc.).
4. Rest of the conditions mentioned in the Information Bulletin shall remain the same.
5. The window for one-time correction will now be available from 15.03.2018 (Thursday) to 17.03.2018 (Saturday).
"The deadline for application has been extended to March 12, 2018, till 5.30 PM. The candidates may submit online fees up to March 13 till 11.50 PM," a senior official said. The exam for admission to medical colleges across the country will be held on May 6.
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG) is a qualifying cum entrance examination notified under the 'Regulations on Graduate Medical Education 1997 and BDS Course Regulations, 2007' by the Medical Council of India as published in the Gazette of India Extraordinary dated 21st December, 2010 and 15st February, 2012 and the Dental Council of India as published in the Gazette of India Extraordinary dated 31st May, 2012. NEET has been introduced by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) Govt, of India and Medical Council of India (MCI). NEET has been introduced for the Undergraduate (NEET-UG) Medical Course like MBBS, BDS etc. and Post Graduate (NEET-PG) Medical Courses like M.S, M.D.