On June 12, all the government schools in Andhra Pradesh re-open after the summer vacations of more than 1 month. Besides the new academic session 2019-20, Andhra Pradesh government also started "Rajanna-Badi Bata" campaign. The campaign will be conducted from 12th June 2019 to 15th June, 2019 in all government schools. The main aim of this campaign is to focus on increasing the number of students in government schools. In this campaign, the state government has directed the officers of the education department to organize three days celebrations including various activities in all government schools. The first day of three days campaign will be celebrated as reopening of school. The Rajanna Badibata program will be started with the singing of the national anthem. Some of the key aspects of this Rajanna Badibata are given below:
1. All children belonging to the age group of 6-14 years shall be enrolled in the schools. It should be assured that there shall be no dropouts/ never enrolled children in any village.
2. No child should be employed as child labour.
3. Quality education shall be imparted to all children, in all schools, through regular monitoring and continuous evaluation of the children's learning levels.
4. The whole school premises and classrooms should be neatly swept & cleaned up on a regular basis without fail.
5. School management Committee should ensure that all children are provided with all the necessary entitlements including Text Books, Uniforms, Quality Mid-Day Meal, etc.
6. Schools may take the support from the local community, alumni and NGOs to improve the infrastructure as well as quality of education.
7. Head Masters and Teachers of the schools should be provided with the necessary support by the supervisory officers like MEOs, DyEOs, DEOs, SSA, and RMSA in order to resolve various issues occurred during implementation.