Indian Air Force invited applications for the post of Sportsmen in Group 'Y' trades. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format within 21 days (15 July 2017) from the date of publication of the advertisement.
Candidates should be 12th class passed or equivalent examination.
- Individual should have represented the country in Junior/Senior International meets in any of the given mentioned sports discipline. The current achievement would be given preference during selection trials.
- Individual should have attained the standard of fifth place in the Junior/Senior National Championship or Inter University Championship in above mentioned sports discipline. The current achievement would be given preference during selection trials.
- In team events, the individual should have represented state in Junior/Senior National Championship and National School Tournament conducted by School Games Federation of India' (SGFI) 'in required sports discipline. The current achievement would be given preference during selection trials.
Last date for receipt of application forms: within 21 days from the date of publication of the advertisement.
Indian Air Force Vacancy Details:
- Name of the post: Sportsmen
- Name of the Sports Discipline: Athletics, Basketball, Boxing, Cross Country, Cricket, Cycling, Football, Gymnastics, Hockey, Handball, Kabaddi, Lawn Tennis, Shooting, Swimming, Volleyball, Water Polo, Wrestling, Weight Lifting and Golf
Age Limit: Between 16-25 Years (Born between 28 December 1996 to 27 December 2000)
How to Apply
Eligible candidates can apply to the post through the prescribed format and send the applications along with other necessary documents to the ‘SECRETARY, AIR FORCE SPORTS CONTROL BOARD, C/O AIR FORCE STATION, NEW DELHI, RACE COURSE, NEW DELHI – 110003’ within 21 days (15 July 2017) from the date of publication of the advertisement.
Selection Process for Sportsmen posts:
Eligible candidates will be selected on the basis of Physical Fitness Test, Sports skill trials and Medical Fitness test.